Network & WiFi disconnects

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
My old DInc is rooted & running Nils' Business Gingersense (HERE). A family member is using it as a loaner, and I've noticed that the Network connection & WiFi are usually disconnected when I get a chance to look over the phone every couple of days. They are disconnecting on their own for some reason.

There is mention of Radio downloads in this post -- I'm guessing I should try one of those to fix the problem. Before I do so, I wanted to ask more seasoned pros if there is anything I should be aware of before proceeding. Anything I should NOT do?

Thank you! :)

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
What is the Baseband that you are using? Look under Settings -> About Phone

2.15.10.07.07 is the latest.

I finally got access to the phone. The baseband is 2.15.00.07.28.

And, once again, the WiFi and Mobile Network Connection were disconnected again without explanation.

Will a Radio upgrade likely help?

Thanks, Pville! :)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't think so but it will help your Cell signal.

If you're looking for the radio it's here:
Radios | PvilleComp's

Please, Please, Please check the MD5 before flashing... it's just like flashing any PB31IMG file in HBOOT, but you do not want to flash a corrupt file. It will give you a bad hair day.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the site, Pville. Didn't know you had one. Bookmarked for later use.

We found a new replacement at Best Buy; so, I took the DInc back and flashed CM7 onto it before retiring it to the collection drawer.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Cool - Yeah I started the site after talking with doug piston while he was shutting his site down. I sort of inherited the torch as it were. I should probably scavange loads for the DInc 2 as well, but I just haven't gotten to it yet.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed that I also still have the Froyo radio (2.15.00.07.28) on my DInc. Would flashing the Gingerbread radio (2.15.10.07.07) improve my reception? If so, how do I go about flashing it?

PvilleComp, I went to your page linked above with the download, but didn't see instructions. I assume it is different than flashing a file from recovery, right?

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
The instructions I saw before on THIS page are:

Radios

Instructions

• Rename whichever one you download to just PB31IMG.zip by removing ()' and everything in between
  • Copy to root of SD Card (Card must be formatted FAT32)
  • Reboot phone into bootloader
  • Wait for bootloader to find it
  • Press volume-up when prompted
  • Press volume-up to reboot when finished and prompted
NOTE: Do not do anything with the phone when it is installing radio

Reactions: El Jefe

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks TBolt & PvilleComp.

I'll make sure to follow those directions. I already checked & I have the .92 HBOOT, S-off (obviously), & a spare SD card to make sure nothing happens to mine.

Should I expect to see an improvement in my reception? Will all the data in my phone be ok? (I store all my podcast downloads in the EMMC & would hate to lose them.)

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Thanks TBolt & PvilleComp.

I'll make sure to follow those directions. I already checked & I have the .92 HBOOT, S-off (obviously), & a spare SD card to make sure nothing happens to mine.

Should I expect to see an improvement in my reception? Will all the data in my phone be ok? (I store all my podcast downloads in the EMMC & would hate to lose them.)

Anytime, El Jefe! I honestly don't know -- I did not do the radio upgrade (the phone was no longer needed).

I would appreciate hearing how things go for you, if you proceed.

Thank you.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
It's done. I now have the 2.15.10.07.07 radio on my DInc. The instructions given were great & everything went as it should.

I haven't noticed any difference yet, but I will keep an eye out.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
It's done. I now have the 2.15.10.07.07 radio on my DInc. The instructions given were great & everything went as it should.

I'm glad it installed without bricking your phone. Hopefully, your reception will improve. Please let me know after some time.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

You should notice better reception. It may not show up in the bars, but if you look at signal strength it should be better.

Have fun!

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Well, after letting everything settle in for a few days & revisiting all my frequent stops I can say that flashing the Gingerbread radio has DEFINITELY improved my reception. I notice it in both the signal strength & bars displayed.

It is most noticeable at work. I used to have signal strength around -90 dBm with 0-1 bars & would frequently drop to 1x data speed. Now I see strengths as good as -72 dBm with 2-3 bars & have kept a solid 3g speed since I got it flashed.

Thanks again to TBolt & PvilleComp. You guys have made my DInc even better.

Reactions: TBolt

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Well, after letting everything settle in for a few days & revisiting all my frequent stops I can say that flashing the Gingerbread radio has DEFINITELY improved my reception. I notice it in both the signal strength & bars displayed.

It is most noticeable at work. I used to have signal strength around -90 dBm with 0-1 bars & would frequently drop to 1x data speed. Now I see strengths as good as -72 dBm with 2-3 bars & have kept a solid 3g speed since I got it flashed.

Thanks again to TBolt & PvilleComp. You guys have made my DInc even better.

Awesome! I'm glad to hear it!

I'll add a radio upgrade to my To Do list. Thank you for reporting back, El Jefe!