Skyraider and Wi-Fi problems

streetglyden

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Well, I finally took the plunge rooted and updated the Skyraider 2.5.2 after Froyo wasn't released on the 18th. It has been working great but I have started to notice that my wireless connection keeps dropping at my house. I haven't had a problem with it until this morning.

I have restarted the router and I don't have any problems with any of the other devices in my house.

I am running the 2.05 radio because I am a little reluctant to use unrevOKEd forever and do something to the phone that cant be undone as of now.

When I started having problems I flashed to Kingxkernel #2 but I didn't notice any change so now I am back on the stock kernel.

If I reboot I can connect to wireless and get on the Internet. It will then drop in about 10 seconds, search again and pick it back up but even though it shows connected I can no longer access any webpages, market, etc... It will then drop again and continue this process.

Are there any log files that I can check that would show me what is happening?

Has anyone had similar problems? And lastly any suggestions?

TDAY#AC

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Sorry man. It sounds like I have the same setup as you do/did. I'm running 2.5.2 with sense and the #2 kernel. I also have the 2.05 radio and I haven't had this problem. Maybe flash to a working backup then try installing skyraider again.

SpartanDroid

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Someone please help because I am having the exact same problem. It says I am connected but I'm not able to get on. I have felt like wireless and mobile connection has gone down with skyraider. My camcorder keeps causing my phone to reboot too

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

anon(30235)

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I really don't think these problems have anything to do with SkyRaider. I'm running SkyRaider 2.5.2 with baseband 1.25.00.07.28 and have never had an issue. My kernel is KingKlick's #2 kernel. Why are you so quick to blame this on the ROM? Have you flashed a different ROM to see if you have the same problem?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Did you clear the cache and data when installing the ROM? That would be the only thing I would imagine would muck it up. Of course the radio has much more to do with WiFi and 3G than the ROM.

streetglyden

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I really don't think these problems have anything to do with SkyRaider. I'm running SkyRaider 2.5.2 with baseband 1.25.00.07.28 and have never had an issue. My kernel is KingKlick's #2 kernel. Why are you so quick to blame this on the ROM? Have you flashed a different ROM to see if you have the same problem?

I'm not quick to blame it on the ROM... I think it could also be the radio. Those are the two changes. I have tried the two kernels and still had the problems.

anon(30235)

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm not quick to blame it on the ROM... I think it could also be the radio. Those are the two changes. I have tried the two kernels and still had the problems.

Then it's not SkyRaider's ROM. Try upgrading your radio to the 1.25 version to see if that clear's it up for you. Be cautious and patient when updating a radio. You shouldn't have any issues at all, but don't do something crazy like pull your battery before it is complete. Good luck!

SpartanDroid

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Well I just have the stock radio in my phone right now. I think I should probably upgrade it to see if that fixes the problem. Does anyone have the link with instructions cuz I am not using unrevoked forever since its unreversible.

Sent from my DInc using Tapatalk

anon(30235)

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Well I just have the stock radio in my phone right now. I think I should probably upgrade it to see if that fixes the problem. Does anyone have the link with instructions cuz I am not using unrevoked forever since its unreversible.

Sent from my DInc using Tapatalk

If you're willing to go the unrEVOked forever route, there's a good discussion on this over at the xda developer's site that covers about anything you would ever want to know.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Then it's not SkyRaider's ROM. Try upgrading your radio to the 1.25 version to see if that clear's it up for you. Be cautious and patient when updating a radio. You shouldn't have any issues at all, but don't do something crazy like pull your battery before it is complete. Good luck!

Whoa wait, you still have a 1.00 radio on SR 2.5.2.......that may be your issue. Don't run 2.2 with 2.1 radios. And never run 2.1 with 2.2 radio there are compatibility issues....