Need To Remove Skype

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I want to remove the stock Skype application. Does anyone know the application name in the OS, so that I can remove through recovery?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If you have root explorer from the market you can open it then go to systems>apps then mount r/w then just find the apk and long press to delete. This is much easier then doing it in recovery and I would give the name but I don't use it.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I just tried to delete it and it said "error trying to delete" any suggestions ?

You don't have the /system/app directory mounted correctly as rw, only r. If you are following the method posted above you will have a "mount r/w" button on the top of the app. Click it and try again. If you are doing it through adb you will need to issue a "mount -o remount, rw -t yaff22 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system" command. And then you will be able to remove it.

The Only Natty B

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Totally Lost!!!

You don't have the /system/app directory mounted correctly as rw, only r. If you are following the method posted above you will have a "mount r/w" button on the top of the app. Click it and try again. If you are doing it through adb you will need to issue a "mount -o remount, rw -t yaff22 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system" command. And then you will be able to remove it.

I installed root explorer, but i see NO button that gives me the ability to change it r/w. I have rebooted. How exactly do you "mount" the phone. I am using the Incredible v2.2

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Just hit the Mount R/W button on the top
snap20101103_150545.png

ChuckBessey

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I have same problem as "The Only Natty B" post of 11/03/10
Droid Razr:
Have installed Root Explorer, opens as mounted on r/o, click Sys opens as mounted on r/w, but there isn't any App icon to click on - have clicked Parent Folder, but that returns you to mounted r/o ??
Help please.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Chuck, If you look next to where is says "Mounted as r/o" there is a button that say's "Mount R/W"

That's the button to change from read only to read write.

You do have to have root privileges to change to R/W in all directories.

7173920078_54f0814df8.jpg

BertDunsford

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately I cannot even see Skype after it was downloaded from play google and cannot locate it on my Samsung Galaxy S4. Maybe someone out therre knows what my problem is :cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang