HELP!! Lost SD card and all nandroid backups, now stuck in boot loop

handbra#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Title says most. I rooted, was running shadowRom, with kk kernal i think. I picked it up today, and it said the SD card was damaged, I rebooted, and got stuck in a boot loop. Now, obviously I can't get to my nandroid backups. I formatted the card, and it is usable, i loaded the shadowrom back on the sd card and installed, but its still stuck in boot loop. i tried the downgrade unroot method, but it won't install the PB31IMG.zip. And i tried loading the update.zip of the stock froyo release, and it wouldn't install. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Echoes

May 25, 2010
Visit site
As a general rule, if you can get to recovery, your phone should end up being fine.

I think your best bet would be to put any other Froyo ROM (other than the ShadowROM you had installed) onto your SD card, whether it be custom or stock, and try to flash it through recovery. Sometimes particular ROM downloads will have inconsistencies, and will need to be redownloaded before they work properly. You'll likely wind up with factory settings, but from what you said that should work.

Last edited:

Echoes

May 25, 2010
Visit site
It may, but I think your best shot would be trying to flash something that is freshly downloaded, as it sounds like something in your previous setup was definitely harboring a problem.

Good luck!

Echoes

May 25, 2010
Visit site
You should still be able to get to recovery by holding the power on button and volume down at the same time when the phone is off, which will first take you to the bootloader.

Beyond that, I'm not too sure. I would continue to try downloading different ROMs (Virtuous, SkyRaider) and checking results. Did you wipe/factory reset?

Echoes

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Well, it's still booting, so it's still definitely recoverable. That said, the only things I can come up with are waiting a while on the white screen (just to make sure it doesn't actually boot) or trying a different ROM.

handbra#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
It won't install virtuous. i get the error:

E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (File exists)

and it also says:

E:Can't mount DATA:

Have i rendered my phone useless?

Echoes

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Again, I'm almost positive that there are still ways of making it function again, as you've been using your recovery and the phone is still booting. That said, this seems to go beyond my knowledge.

Best of luck.

handbra#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I've done some googling and it seems like an sd card issue. I have been using 2 and it gets the error on both. it also seems a nandroid recovery fixes it, so i'm gonna try to download a stock nandroid backup and try that.

handbra#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Quick question, do you think it could be because my SD card is formatted? would running unrevoked put all the clockworkmod stuff back on the sd card?

handbra#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I fixed it! I wiped storage from hboot (not recovery), and I was able to load a 2.1 pb31img.zip. Once it booted, it updated to froyo. I lost root, but at least my phone works now. After doing a ton of searching, it looks like when my sd card got damaged, somehow it also damaged the DATA and CACHE partitions. But it's fixed now. I can't thank you enough for the help, Echoes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez