force close issues

burmz0rz

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I have installed and tried SkyRaider, Uncommon, Cyanogenmod and with all three of these I get force close issues all the time with my apps. Some apps will work at first and then crap out and start doing it. Others will never work. One that seems to never work is the ROM Manager. I was wondering if you all could please help me find a solution for this. I really enjoy having custom but I may have to go back stock if I can't get this resolved. I don't have these issues until I use a custom ROM.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
i can not stress enough the importance of backing up and WIPING (factory reset) before installing a new ROM. MOST of the time, this will fix your issue. Bits and pieces of the old ROM don't get over written and cause major havoc on your phone. If you are wiping before installing (your post didn't specifically say one way or the other) then I'm not sure what to tell you.

jdazzr

May 26, 2010
Visit site
i can not stress enough the importance of backing up and WIPING (factory reset) before installing a new ROM. MOST of the time, this will fix your issue.
agreed. i boot into recovery and wipe dalvik cache, cache & factory reset before i load a ROM. is it an actuall "force close"? does the app says its been forced closed? or do the apps just stop?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez