[ROM] Light Speed

jdkoreclipse

Banned
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
credits: aaikaim, myn, wysie, enomther, cyanogen, koush, jrummy, heyitslou, incdoes, the maker of mattedblues, google, android, calkulin, adrynalyne, brucekey,invisiblek, jschisurf, geo41m, snq, htc, Anderwebbs, kingklick, elliotstocker. Thanks guys for your contribution :)

Summary:
Light Speed is not just a rom, it is two roms built for a variety of users. There is a Sense Version and an AOSP version compiled by yours truly. The aim of this project is to bring the speediest roms forward and to make our roms stand out from all the other roms out there.

Specs:

1.Sense:
The first rom we made was a sense rom based off of the 3.30 OTA from the Evo. It features Kingxkernel #6, a modded ramdisk fir speed, 6 signal bars, 4-in-1 reboot mod, and JsChiSurf's status bar mod port from cm. The part of the rom we take pride in the most, however is the theme, which we dubbed "Modded Blues." IT is basically Matted bules ported from the Evo, but with many enhancements from the framework and apps of the Mytouch 4g, so that means more blue highlights, a sexy HTC IME themed to look like swype (Called Sexy Keyboard) and much more. This rom is sure to please for the Sense user!

AOSP:
THe first thing i can say about this was that it was a thorn in my side for a month, but the end result is (IMO) excellent! It is standard AOSP (we do plan on themeing it) using KIng's CFS #2. It utilizes the 7 homescreen launcher2 from the G2 . Instead of modding the settings menu like most other Devs do, we took another approach to it. We decided to add gscript (lite of course, no warez allowed in our roms!) and made up some scripts for it. WE took some from HeyItsLou's "REdemptive " FOlder like the "Cpu Info" Script, but we did make the majority of the others. Just place the folder inside the gscript.zip on your SD and select The "load Script" Option to load one of the many zips. The only bugs found in the build is that camcorder fc's. WE are looking into fixing this as we speak.

SCreenshots (Sense):

Screenashots (AOSP): New ones coming really soon!

Special thanks to geo41m for blackbar themeing!

Links:

Sense: http://www.mediafire.com/?2z0b7fd8alql760
Gscript: http://www.mediafire.com/?eoj40gahg20sppk
AOSP- http://jdkoreclipse.com/files/Incrediblec/FRG83D_stockbar_v1.zip
Note: My computer is busted, so dont expect groundbreaking updates for now, but i will update as best as i can :)

Last edited:
Reactions: TreyDaPrince

jdkoreclipse

Banned
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Changelog:
Sense:
v1 initial release (universal)
v1.1 included new chad kernel (credit to chad from xda), fixed lag, and replaced the toggle sync in ststus bar with toggle gps
v1.1 r2 using ziggy's newest 11/24 kernel, no more lag, and using the desire HD flipclock from Myn Warm2.2 RLS3 (thanks myn!)

AOSP:
v1 initial release
v1.2 removed ADW, replaced with launcher2 from G2(7 homescreens), added in some g2 apps, added in Kingxklick CFs AOSP #2
v1.2r2 removed annoying bloat
v1.5 fixed camcorder, updated to FRG83D

Gscript:
v1 initial release
v2 Updated fix permissions and vm heapsize to reboot upon running, added a pull boot.img from boot partition script
v3 improved on some scripts and added in a turn on a2sd script (thanks to someone on droid forums)

Last edited:

jdkoreclipse

Banned
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Release notes:

AOSP:
v1- initial release
v1.2- got tired of the (not so) "Sexy Nexy" styling of the rom, and added in customizations to make it more like G2
v1.2r2-Revision two, got tired of bloat
v1.5- its now usable!!!!!!

Sense:
v1- Initial release
v1.1- rather minor update, if i was you, i would stay on v1
v1.1 r2- Revision two, made sure i fixed lag and made the clock more appealing...this is more like it!

Last edited:

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
This can't be promising. Niether can this. Notice the account status under the screen name.

If anyone downloads this, let me know how it worked out... I have no reason to believe that there is anything wrong with this rom. It might be just what some of us are looking for. I know I am interested, but there has to be a reason why 2 other forums have banned this guy. I'm going to do a little more research before downloading this one. No offense JDK.

Reactions: howarmat

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I might give this a try. Im using lou's redemptive revolution and its running real smooth so far. I'll prob try it over the next few days.

One thing I think that will get more people to try it out is a bunch of themes, whether custom or ported.

jdkoreclipse

Banned
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
lets keep alll other forums out of this...lets just say kchupe was banned from xda due to a ban happy mod, and i was banned from android forums a long time ago for my past. It took ma quite a while to make these roms for you to enjoy, so do it!

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I have to agree. Everybody makes mistakes and deserves a 2nd chance. For the most part, people should not be judged on what they did, but instead on what they are doing now.

I'm sure he knows the the outcome if history repeats itself. Also, I don't want this to turn into a flaming thread so if it starts to happen then there will be consequences.

Dude keep up the hard work and developing some really good roms.

Sent from my Droid Incredible because I'm too lazy to walk over to my computer.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I feel like I have done enough poking around to satisfy myself. Some of the guys on XDA take themselves entirely too seriously sometimes. That's why I love it here, I can be myself. I will be downloading this one and reporting my findings in a day or two after it settles in. Thank you in advance for all of your hard work on this and giving credit where credit is due... Hopefully we can get you some good rep on this forum and you can return the favor with some sticky sweet ROMS!

lafester

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
ok guys i am going to try it out and see what happens.
the only real problem i have now is that this rom was posted at xda under the name of k-chupe. is this k-chupes rom or jdks? k-chupe has some posts here as well so whats the deal?

not trying to flame. just a little confused about who's rom this is.

i will update after flashing. starting with the sense rom.

lafester

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Rom loads and runs fine.
only tested a few things but nothing seems to be broken or missing.

- has evo splash screen
- slightly laggy but not bad
- 3g seemed slow at first but fixed itself.

nothing really new with this at the moment... hopefully that will change.

jdkoreclipse

Banned
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I'll fix that lag problem (nonexistent as I typethis message)...please note the theme is a large part of the Rom and so is the fact that I have tweaked parts of the boot.img and an using the newest king kernel.

And I worked with khcupe on this...I did the most of the work to provide sexy base roms for him to use for further tweaking by either me or himself.(the aosp Rom took me a month to do completely and the sense took me 2 weeks).

Please note I also have worked on the gscript scripts the whole day on Monday and are still improving them.

And brett, thanks...that's the type of encouragement that devs look for when we release roms that consume our lives for months (I've been delving Android since July 21). Thank you for being , IMHO, the best mod I've dealt with so far.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

k_chupe

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Actually, I did get banned from xda. For some reason they really hate jdk. Too much haterade I guess. Anyway, I had seen the Feather Light rom on xda and it was pretty much a stripped down version of the stock sense rom. I had a brain storm of why have a rom with everything installed that you'll never use. Also, why not have a kernel pre-installed that will give you the best battery life as well as speed and performance. That's when I came up with the idea of Light Speed. JDK contacted me and we collaborated on what I wanted in Light Speed. JDK's build was pretty much what I wanted in my rom. I posted it on xda and they saw a screenshot of the kernel info with jdk's name on it. They imediately banned me and said my account was a "sock puppet" which basically said I was JDK. I announced the Light Speed project for a couple of weeks in which gossip started to emerge that I was JDK. Once I posted the rom it turned into a flaming thread. I contacted overground about the flames and he took care of them but stated for no one else to post in the thread so that it would die. I'm trying to learn how to dev right now, so basically the build is JDK's but I had the Light Speed idea. Got the whole theme thing in my head too. It'll be really great after it's all put together. Hopefully JDK will still assist me with the theme and all until I can get my head above the water. A public thanks to JDK for helping me with the project, and thanks goes to the blackhawk team amoung many others listed in the build info already.

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
How's the battery life on the AOSP ROM? I prefer a more Stock approach to Android, but all of the AOSP ROMs I've tried thus far (CM, etc.) have pretty bad battery, compared to the Sense ROMs.

If you could make the battery a priority, then you'll have at least one user here ;)

jdkoreclipse

Banned
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
How's the battery life on the AOSP ROM? I prefer a more Stock approach to Android, but all of the AOSP ROMs I've tried thus far (CM, etc.) have pretty bad battery, compared to the Sense ROMs.

If you could make the battery a priority, then you'll have at least one user here ;)
I have been using both roms for the whole weekend, and I have noticed good battery life on both roms with absolutely no lag. As for adding additional tweaks to the battery, that will have to wait until my laptop is back from being fixed. At the moment, most of my updates will be from an old Windows xp pc that can barely run or my phone. I will see what code I can write or mod from there, though.

But yeah, battery life isn't bad.

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I have been using both roms for the whole weekend, and I have noticed good battery life on both roms with absolutely no lag. As for adding additional tweaks to the battery, that will have to wait until my laptop is back from being fixed. At the moment, most of my updates will be from an old Windows xp pc that can barely run or my phone. I will see what code I can write or mod from there, though.

But yeah, battery life isn't bad.

Ok, good.

I'll have to try it out tomorrow then. Thanks for the response!

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
So, I just started trying to use this one, but... the AOSP v1.2r1 doesn't install.

I'm downloading v1.2r2 now, so maybe that'll work. I hope.