New Gingerbread keyboard! Update 12-12-10 [theme blue]

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
is there a way to activate the "VIBRATE WHEN KEY PRESSED" option in the new 2.3 Gingerbread Keyboard?

To turn on the vibrate when pressed feature select Menu -> Settings -> Language & keyboard -> Android Keyboard. Then select the Vibrate on keypress option.

deyronusa

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
For everyone asking if you have to be rootd to install this. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE ROOTED. I have it on my unrooted inc and it works fine.
Sorry, newbie, how do i install on a non rooted phone. I will take my licks with cherry topping please...

Also, does anyone like it better than Smart Keyboard?

Last edited:

weihl165

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Sorry, newbie, how do i install on a non rooted phone. I will take my licks with cherry topping please...

Also, does anyone like it better than Smart Keyboard?
Ahh no worries we all been there. Follow this link for the download . You can get the zip file here. I used the zip in the 4th post down.
http://androidforums.com/htc-incredi...-keyboard.html
I downloaded it to my computer then extracted the file via 7zip. Goto where you unzipped it, go into the system folder then app, and copy the signedkey.apk to your sd card. I copied it into the download folder. Install with astro, then just enabel it in your meassaging app. Hope this helps

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Ahh no worries we all been there. Follow this link for the download . You can get the zip file here. I used the zip in the 4th post down.
I downloaded it to my computer then extracted the file via 7zip. Goto where you unzipped it, go into the system folder then app, and copy the signedkey.apk to your sd card. I copied it into the download folder. Install with astro, then just enabel it in your meassaging app. Hope this helps

the file is in the OP

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Great Job Guy's

never mind i fiiinalllly got it to work on the lg optimus s for some odd reason the rooted one i downloaded worked after the 6 time and 3 days of waiting i love swype (personal preference) but i hated the old keyboard but i will deff be switching now the predictions are very accurate now and it would be sick it someone makes color themes for this it looks like its Halloween on your keyboard 24/7 not my fav. time of the year lol great job everyone :)

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

md17

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
This keyboard is so much better than the stock. I used astro, but is there another way to install apk files on a nonrooted inc?

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site

I do exactly what is said here... downloaded the non-root version from the OP. Save it to my SDcard, run it through the installer, all seems to go well... but nada... nuttin. I still get the original stock HTC keyboard. I change input to Swype or Swiftkey, then back to Touch Input... and still get the stock HTC keyboard.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I do exactly what is said here... downloaded the non-root version from the OP. Save it to my SDcard, run it through the installer, all seems to go well... but nada... nuttin. I still get the original stock HTC keyboard. I change input to Swype or Swiftkey, then back to Touch Input... and still get the stock HTC keyboard.

I would delete the file you put on your sdcard and download it again and start over. Maybe the first file had something wrong with it.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I would delete the file you put on your sdcard and download it again and start over. Maybe the first file had something wrong with it.

Doh... I'm a dork... I completely overlooked that you have to go into settings -> language/keyboard, then enable the keyboard.

heyitssteve429

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I tried your link for non rooted but when i have astro up, the options are unistall, upgrade or launch... when i hit upgrade to install, it failed, launch does nothing, i deleted the apk off my card and re-installed it, still same problem occured

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch