backup widgets?

BenWitt08

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
So, I am back with another questions I haven't been able to really find an answer for. I rooted my phone and everything is going well...I want to start getting into new ROMs and looks to my incredible. I have tried uncommon sense, miui, ultimate droid, and one other I can't remember at the moment. The thing I realize that I am missing are the HTC widgets. I like the small clock (2x1) that I use for pacific time (i am in eastern time zone) and I also use the small weather widgets (2x2) for home, school, etc weather. Then I use the full screen agenda calendar widget. (not the month view). I so far just haven't been able to find a replacement for them and I find it very hard to move away from not using them. I'm not sure if you can back them up or not, which would be great but im assuming not. I am using Titanium Backup, My Backup Root, and then a nandroid backup if that helps. Thanks in advance!

BenWitt08

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
So, doesnt anyone know of a possible replacement for some of those widgets? Just looking for a new feel and look to my phone but the same functionality with them...I might be asking too much and just need to adapt, but it's worth a shot

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I've heard many say they use beautiful widgets, with other roms.

There are also many in the market, if you just do a search.

Posted from my eVo!

Reactions: BenWitt08

BenWitt08

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
No, doesn't really matter what ROM I use I just haven't been able to find one that I like. I liked Uncommon Sense but I lost all the HTC widgets and couldn't find others that I really liked (may not have searched long enough). I like the changed look with some of the ROMs but ROMs that have the HTC widgets tend to look...like the HTC stock rom. I also really like the HTC keyboard, I have swype but see myself always using the HTC one. Can you apply any theme to any rom? I think no because i have been looking on theincrediblelist.com and see that themes need a certain rom so I'm not sure if I just need more patience or what. I do like using sense though

BenWitt08

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Finally figured it out! I really liked Uncommon Sense but when I installed and tried to restore apps and whatnot it said my messages app wasn't installed. It happened when I tried multiple things to make it not happen so I gave up. Turns out I just had to keep trying. Thanks all for your help though!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo