Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CM7 nightly#77

Default EVO roms and kernels

Im running the Incredibly Re-Engineered 2.4 ROM, it is 100% EVO framework and comes with Lou's #8 kernel. Ive tried to flash other (overclocked) kernels, and none of them seem to work. My phone stayes in the white HTC bootscreen alot longer than it should. Do I need to run a EVO based kernel with an EVO based ROM? Also does anyone know what is up with the Hydrakernel wed site, all links to it go nowhere?

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Hydrakernel is no more - it's no longer being supported by the dev.

I think you can use any Froyo Sense kernel with Re-engineered, Gingerbread kernels would obviously have issues. You don't want to use an EVO kernel on a DInc, that would not work at all.

Which kernel were you trying to use?
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    CM7 nightly#77

I tried to flash Incredikernel 12132010-2, and Ztest-inc-bsf-121710. Any thoughts for a good overclock that will coinside with this ROM?

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Try this one. It's chad's Incredikernel 2.6.32.27

http://chad0989.dyndns.org/2.6.32.27...010_signed.zip

Also check out the links in the ROMs and Mod's Sticky for Kernels.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.