Recommendations for an Extended life barrery Inspire 4G

enduser2941

May 8, 2011
www.rsfsquad.org
I know there are a lot of post on this already and I have read them however the reason Im writing this post is because my situation appears to be slightly different so a new battery may mot be what I need and I like that powerskin sleeve that was posted from engadget but let me ask this...

I was first looking for a recommendation of an after market extended battery life battery for my Inspire 4G, however after reading the posts and the time people are getting on their Inspires it makes me wonder if I either have a defective battery or phone. The problem is that even with no live wallpapers and no gadgets that run real time I am only getting about 4 hours of battery time with wifi on and that on a very good day as long as Im not using the phone. If Im using the phone, txting ect I may get 1-2 hours out of it :( I leave the wifi on because I find myself always checking my alerts for mail and FB ect and I dont want to use the ATT data package as they over charge as it is, so with wifi I am sure not to use the data plan bandwidth. So does it sound like I have something defective here, if not can someone recommend a better extended life battery or should I look into the powerskin? Your thoughts as always are highly appreciated.

Thanks!

enduser2941

May 8, 2011
www.rsfsquad.org
Bump, can someone please advise me please? I dont have alot of money so I want to make sure that whatever I choose it will be the right battery for me as I dont have the money to mess around and keep buying things to try. Thanks all!

gmurphy0487

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Every "extended" battery for the inspire is not extended. The only one that might be any good is the seidio. My recommendation, carry an extra. Or the powerskin. Not sure why your battery life is so horrible. I get 4 hours of screen on time and usually 14 to 16 hours between charges.

Sent from my Inspire 4G

skylersmommy76

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Every "extended" battery for the inspire is not extended. The only one that might be any good is the seidio. My recommendation, carry an extra. Or the powerskin. Not sure why your battery life is so horrible. I get 4 hours of screen on time and usually 14 to 16 hours between charges.

Sent from my Inspire 4G
wow I am having the EXACT same problem except mine last bout 2 hours NOT using it. I got it from radio shack and tried exchanging they did not have another one!! They did exchange the battery and it did not help . I really think that it is my phone...

gmurphy0487

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Another thing you could check is sync. Alot of stuff syncing often is going to kill your battery. HTC sense syncing is a huge battery hog.

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
That as well as the 5 clocks and weather locations. Delete them! Also FB, Twitter and 4square sync in the background. New as well. Turn sync off for all of those...and set their timers to the max. They will all refresh on launch. Look at the battery widget as it will tell you what is killing your battery.

riseinside

Sep 14, 2011
outfieldgrass.com
I had gotten the Advanced Task Killer when I first got the phone and noticed that this was killing my battery quickly. Once I got rid of that I have been getting on average about 2 hours extra. Then I went through and changed a bunch of the sync options and squeezed a couple more hours.

gmurphy0487

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Another thing you can use is juice defender. It disables data while the screen is off, so emails and suck won't be received until the screen is turned on. Texts and calls are still received normally. With the paid version, you can set a schedule to activate mobile data at set intervals for syncing.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

RoboWarrior

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking you have a defective battery. Under the warrenty, I replaced my battery and it faired better. I get 5-4 hours of constant video streaming and about 8-15 hours of heavy use ( for me which is Modern Combat 3 here and there, a few text, web browsing, and a couple of Skype calls) and I'm rooted.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez