Restore HTC Inspire

jmeadows88

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
First of all, I did take the time to find my answer in other forums before posting my own question. So please no rude comments about looking for my answer else where. I bought an HTC Inspire 4G that has been rooted, and has cyanogen on it. I know nothing about rooting phones or changing ROMs, but if someone could give me step by step directions, I would appreciate it greatly. I want the phone back to where it was when it came out of the ATT store. I have looked everywhere for answers and even tried a couple of things. Superoneclick, and RUU didnt work for some reason. RUU might have, but I had trouble connecting the phone to the computer. I even put it in boot recovery and tryed mounting data, system, and cache. Im desperate, Ive spent days trying to figure this out, please help.

Thanks in advance, Kristine

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
The easiest thing for you to do would be find a close to stock rom and flash that. Keeping your phone rooted won't do any harm.

Something like THIS or THIS might work best for you. They are newer versions of sense, but are stable and smooth roms. The second one is definitely more themed, though.

What you'll do is download the ROM and put it on your SD card (just like any other file using drag and drop from windows), boot into recovery (turn your phone off and hold vol down + power until you see the white screen, then wait a few seconds, use vol down to highlight recovery and then hit power). Choose backup and restore, then backup. Yes you want to do that. It's in case something goes wrong when flashing the new rom. When that's done go back to the main Clockwork menu, choose wipe data/factory reset. Select yes. Then back to clockwork, hit wipe cache partition. Select yes. Main Clockwork menu, select advanced, then wipe dalvik cache. Select yes.

Now on to flashing the new ROM. In the main clockwork menu select install zip from sd card, then choose zip from sd card. Find your rom and select it. Yes you want to flash it. When it's done select reboot.

It sounds more complicated than it really is, but I wanted to try to be as thorough as possible. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress