Travelling to France, which carrier should I chose for prepaid sim with data

TonyHove

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
So I'm visiting Paris for a couple of weeks next month. I was wondering which carrier would be best to get a prepaid sim card with data. Will I be able to get setup at the airport on arrival? Any recommendations would be a of great help, thanks!

Posted via Android Central App from my Sony Z1

Last edited by a moderator:

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: Travelling to France, which carrier should I chose for prepaid sim with data

I just returned from Cannes about 3 weeks ago. I wanted to do the same thing you are looking to do, grab a prepaid Sim for (in my case) mostly data. I did my research and found that two best carriers are Orange & SFR. On SFR's webpage they claimed to have a 2gb + mins and texting Sim for about 30euros. When I got there the rep said it didn't exist. I ended up with 20euro Sim card that had voice and texting but almost no data.

I asked around while I was over there and most people said that it was pretty common for stores to not honor prices/packages found online. Ended up not being terrible for me because there is WiFi nearly everywhere, but still a bit of a bummer.

If you have access to a French credit card and address I would suggest trying to order a prepaid Sim off their webpage and have it shipped to where you will be staying. Good luck.

I play with my food