I waited to see what the s22 ultra would be, I brought the Z fold 3 instead.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
So, to give a quick brief history. I haven't posted in this forum in a couple years so hello all, glad to be back. From the Galaxy s5 to Note 9 I basically would upgrade back in forth from the S line to Note line with every new version. I realized with the note 9 it was darn near a perfect phone and I didn't need to be upgrading phones every 6-12 months anymore IMO. I held on to it for 2yrs and then got the S20 Ultra, not on launch day, I waited 2 months and got a great deal on it after the camera controversy. I've used and loved the s20 ultra ever since and the phone is great in almost every area. The note 20, s21s didn't add enough to the table to make me upgrade. The s22 ultra seems almost good enough to upgrade for me but it doesn't provide that "It" factor to really justify for me to say it's worth it's price for the upgrade. It's basically a more refined version of what I already have IMO.

So I've always wanted a fold line device since they were introduced a couple years ago, it's appeal is immense! but I did not like the price! I was also warned about the camera quality drop off, from the s ultra line. However the device seems to provide everything I could want, size when opened and closed, including s pen option and unique capabilities. With the s22 launch, came carrier discounts! and Tmobile has a deal to get the s22 ultra as an upgrade with trade for $1000 off! This offer is extended to the Fold 3 as well! So I went with the Fold! I don't need the newest device anymore and the fold 3 seems to have more to offer and a different experience than what the s22 ultra would provide IMO. Also, since Samsung has promised software updates for 4yrs on both devices, we're all winning no matter which device is chosen. Just thought I'd share my process of determining my next device which I plan to keep for at least 2yrs. Everyone enjoy your tech!

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations on the Z Fold 3! I love the phone. Just an FYI - some of us tmobile users have been experiencing network connection problems. Hope that is NOT your case. I talked with tech support and they reset the network for me and so far, so good! There is alot of chatter about this in the tmobile forums and how to fix it.

https://9to5google-com.cdn.ampproje...2/08/galaxy-z-fold-3-t-mobile-network-issues/
Thanks for the info! I hope I don't have any issues.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So, to give a quick brief history. I haven't posted in this forum in a couple years so hello all, glad to be back. From the Galaxy s5 to Note 9 I basically would upgrade back in forth from the S line to Note line with every new version. I realized with the note 9 it was darn near a perfect phone and I didn't need to be upgrading phones every 6-12 months anymore IMO. I held on to it for 2yrs and then got the S20 Ultra, not on launch day, I waited 2 months and got a great deal on it after the camera controversy. I've used and loved the s20 ultra ever since and the phone is great in almost every area. The note 20, s21s didn't add enough to the table to make me upgrade. The s22 ultra seems almost good enough to upgrade for me but it doesn't provide that "It" factor to really justify for me to say it's worth it's price for the upgrade. It's basically a more refined version of what I already have IMO.

So I've always wanted a fold line device since they were introduced a couple years ago, it's appeal is immense! but I did not like the price! I was also warned about the camera quality drop off, from the s ultra line. However the device seems to provide everything I could want, size when opened and closed, including s pen option and unique capabilities. With the s22 launch, came carrier discounts! and Tmobile has a deal to get the s22 ultra as an upgrade with trade for $1000 off! This offer is extended to the Fold 3 as well! So I went with the Fold! I don't need the newest device anymore and the fold 3 seems to have more to offer and a different experience than what the s22 ultra would provide IMO. Also, since Samsung has promised software updates for 4yrs on both devices, we're all winning no matter which device is chosen. Just thought I'd share my process of determining my next device which I plan to keep for at least 2yrs. Everyone enjoy your tech!
Nice enjoy your Fold³