New convert

Revyloution

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
It's been a bitter sweet day. I just bought the HTC 3D.

In 1996 I bought a Palm Pilot. 128k of memory and 8 shades of grey on a 160x160 screen. And it was amazing. All my contacts, calendar, memo, todo list, and the apps. Oh the apps, they started to come in a trickle, then a flow, then a raging torrent. The apps were fun, helpful and increased my productivity.

Since then, I've had a few upgrades. After the Palm 1000, I had the Palm Pro, the Palm 3c, Handspring Visor and Prism, then the Sony Clie, Palm Treo (WOW! It has a phone built in!!), Palm Centro, and then the Palm OS Pre. Over 15 years, same database, same company. Too bad Palm has dropped the ball. I hung on to the Pre since its launch over 2 years ago. Well, kept replacing broken hand sets, I went through 5 total. Palm isn't the leader that it once was, and today they lost me.

Anyways, im a convert to android. Im impressed as all heck with the OS, and the device. (I read the review here about the HTC 3D, and I agree with his assessment completely. Great phone, 3d is quirky and kinda fun, but just a side show). I was a regular reader over at Precentral, so I'm glad to see there is an equally robust community here.

My first newb question: Do I need a good task killer for the HTC 3D? The one it comes packaged with is nifty, but Im not sure why it's needed at this point. Im looking forward to a fun learning curve.