From Blackberry to Android..What the heck did I do?!

GoldlexusAN

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I have been a Blackberry user for close to 8 years. I just recently thought I would give Android a go. Not because I was unhappy with BB, not at all. I love love love my BB. I switched out of curiosity and my daugthers phone contract was up (mine will be next Summer) and since I pay the cell bill I 'upgraded' her phone. She now has my BB and I got a Samsung Galaxy sII. So far I enjoy the new phone and Android OS. I do not enjoy the touch screen keyboard. BB does a physical keyboard very nicely. I miss it A LOT! Believe me if Tmo offered the BB torch I wouldn't have gone on to something else.
I am giving the whole touch screen/android/samsung thing a go for a year. IF Blackberry gets it's act together by that time I may go back to BB. We will see how this year goes and how well I adapt to the touch screen keyboard.
My impressions of Android have been positive this far so it may be an easy year and may cause me to be a complete convert but for now I have one foot with BB and one with Android.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

Some suggestions to overcome the stock on screen keyboard is to try some of the alternatives in the Google Play Store or elsewhere...

1. Swiftkey

2. Swype Beta (Google it)

3. Various other 3rd party keyboards but those are the two most popular aside from stock.

Good luck and enjoy the forums.