Hello from former crackberry!

nevrdun

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone! I've been browsing the site for a while before getting a second hand Moto Droid. I've come off of about 5 Blackberries over the last few years and I must say, I'm pretty impressed. I like the integration of contacts with the phone, FB, email etc. Browser seems great as well. Those things pretty much encompass what I do with my phone. I have all intentions of rooting and playing with software once I become accustomed to it. This forum seems very friendly and non-hostile so I plan on frequenting. If anyone has any tricks that can help the BlackBerry conversion please let me know. Thanks everyone!

Bears

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone! I've been browsing the site for a while before getting a second hand Moto Droid. I've come off of about 5 Blackberries over the last few years and I must say, I'm pretty impressed. I like the integration of contacts with the phone, FB, email etc. Browser seems great as well. Those things pretty much encompass what I do with my phone. I have all intentions of rooting and playing with software once I become accustomed to it. This forum seems very friendly and non-hostile so I plan on frequenting. If anyone has any tricks that can help the BlackBerry conversion please let me know. Thanks everyone!

Welcome :)

I'm coming from there as well, and I'm currently waiting to unload my dreadful tour and get an droid. I've lurked here for a couple of weeks and there's tons of info. Congrats on the "new" phone. Enjoy!

aplittle

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Play with the phone. A lot. Things will start to make more since as you dig into settings and functions. Welcome to the future of mobile devices. I was a long time Blackberry user and can't believe how far behind they are. Android is where it's at. You made a good choice. And welcome to AC.

Aaron

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Hello... Welcome to A/C.

One of my favorite things about Android is
all the options that are available and how
customizable the OS is. I can download
a browser and make it the default browser.
No other platform I currently use let's you
do that natively. I take a picture and can
send it to any of the 3 twitter clients,
through the default or downloaded message
app, through picasa or loads of other
options.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Android, more than any other mobile OS, is the future in so many ways. We are seeing it pop up in so many things its mind-bottling ;). Sadly for BB users, RIM is a slave to corporate IT departments and they simply can't change their OS quickly without alienating their core market. Android has none of those strings and so Google is able to update much quicker.

The future is now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez