Hello! New to smartphones

ashkir

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello there! I know it's strange to have a twenty-three year old that never had a smartphone. Right? Well, I never was able to afford one (spent the money on games, and stuff). Now I'm going to buy the bullet and get it today. AT&T store was out of stock last night and told me come back today. :). So gonna go pick up the new 32gb Samsung Galaxy s4. My brothers and dad keep recommending me to get the new iPhone, but I want the Galaxy s4 from the many reviews and videos I've seen.

Android however, from what I found out has a learning curve. So I'm here to learn all I can about it. :D And then make my siblings jealous for not having an Android. >.>

So hello there!

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Well we are all happy to hear the you are getting the Android Platform and what a first phone to get ...the SGS4 WOW. you are going to love. When you get it rush right home, Get back on here and go to the S4 Forum and check out the users manual I placed there to learn all about it. Good luck and let us know if you need anything.:)

ashkir

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to AC and the Android platform.

Enjoy the forums
Thank you! ^_^.

Well we are all happy to hear the you are getting the Android Platform and what a first phone to get ...the SGS4 WOW. you are going to love. When you get it rush right home, Get back on here and go to the S4 Forum and check out the users manual I placed there to learn all about it. Good luck and let us know if you need anything.:)

I'm actually checking out the Samsung Galaxy S4 forums now! Shifting through the many threads of problems, hoping to find tips and tricks. I did open up the manual, planning on reading it and hope something in it sticks on my brain. :). I played with one in the AT&T store last night! Was fun! I thought it was a big jump at first. I'm moving from a phone that has no internet, just calls and basic text messages that has the worst calibration... It's one of those ancient LG phones that freezes all the time.

I'm also looking up cases. Sadly I probably won't be able to afford a case until next month. :(. The s-view looks awesome, probably gonna have to find a cheaper one. Only have $16 Amazon credit right now anyways, so hopefully there's something good.

Thanks Jaguarr40! :D I can't wait! 6:45 pm is my appointment at AT&T today. It's currently 10 am. :( So long to wait.

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Thank you! ^_^.

I'm actually checking out the Samsung Galaxy S4 forums now! Shifting through the many threads of problems, hoping to find tips and tricks. I did open up the manual, planning on reading it and hope something in it sticks on my brain. :). I played with one in the AT&T store last night! Was fun! I thought it was a big jump at first. I'm moving from a phone that has no internet, just calls and basic text messages that has the worst calibration... It's one of those ancient LG phones that freezes all the time.

I'm also looking up cases. Sadly I probably won't be able to afford a case until next month. :(. The s-view looks awesome, probably gonna have to find a cheaper one. Only have $16 Amazon credit right now anyways, so hopefully there's something good.

Thanks Jaguarr40! :D I can't wait! 6:45 pm is my appointment at AT&T today. It's currently 10 am. :( So long to wait.
That's great and let me know how things work out. BTW did you know that you can download that guide since it is in PDF format. I think if you make your mind up on the S4 you won't regret it especially and this is big... You have to give yourself plenty of time for the learning curve. Just ask questions and read the manual. That is what we are here for... The member! :)

ashkir

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to AC and the Android platform.

Enjoy the forums

That's great and let me know how things work out. BTW did you know that you can download that guide since it is in PDF format. I think if you make your mind up on the S4 you won't regret it especially and this is big... You have to give yourself plenty of time for the learning curve. Just ask questions and read the manual. That is what we are here for... The member! :)

Thanks! ^_^ I downloaded it and am reading it so far. :).

I was hoping for a video. Now I do have a few and am going to make a thread about them I think. Is the s4 similar to s3 "how-to" videos? And keyboard recommendations. Five and a half hours to go! Whoo!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello there! I know it's strange to have a twenty-three year old that never had a smartphone. Right? Well, I never was able to afford one (spent the money on games, and stuff). Now I'm going to buy the bullet and get it today. AT&T store was out of stock last night and told me come back today. :). So gonna go pick up the new 32gb Samsung Galaxy s4. My brothers and dad keep recommending me to get the new iPhone, but I want the Galaxy s4 from the many reviews and videos I've seen.

Android however, from what I found out has a learning curve. So I'm here to learn all I can about it. :D And then make my siblings jealous for not having an Android. >.>

So hello there!

Welcome to the forums, and soon Android! You certainly did choose a solid device to start with. As for your concern with a learning curve, every smartphone would have that, be it the HTC One, Galaxy S3 or 4, LG Optimus G, Nexus, whatever. If you are going to be on a tiered data plan, I would keep an eye on your consumption for the first few months, and connect to your home's wifi whenever possible.

ashkir

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Got it now! :D The manual was a great help!
Welcome to the forums, and soon Android! You certainly did choose a solid device to start with. As for your concern with a learning curve, every smartphone would have that, be it the HTC One, Galaxy S3 or 4, LG Optimus G, Nexus, whatever. If you are going to be on a tiered data plan, I would keep an eye on your consumption for the first few months, and connect to your home's wifi whenever possible.
Thanks for the welcome! I just got the phone and am playing with it. Learning the camera settings as it's a tad blurry. But so far I'm loving it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38