Android Newbie

Brian37776

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,
I am a long time iOS user that converted to Android about three weeks ago.
I am very glad that I finally made the change (and would have done it earlier had I known it would be as smooth a transition as it was), I am loving my Galaxy S4.

There is one thing that I have had trouble with from day one, I don't receive any app push notifications (CNN, Breaking News, weather) and my automatic podcast updates wont download. I have checked that the push notifications are enabled in the apps but was wondering if there is something that is turned on in phone settings?

Thanks,
Brian37776

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,
I am a long time iOS user that converted to Android about three weeks ago.
I am very glad that I finally made the change (and would have done it earlier had I known it would be as smooth a transition as it was), I am loving my Galaxy S4.

There is one thing that I have had trouble with from day one, I don't receive any app push notifications (CNN, Breaking News, weather) and my automatic podcast updates wont download. I have checked that the push notifications are enabled in the apps but was wondering if there is something that is turned on in phone settings?

Thanks,
Brian37776

Welcome to the forums and Android!

Do you have auto sync enabled? To check drag your finger from the top pf the screen down to bring up your notification drawer, and check the toggles. Also, you can try to check how often the push messages occur. That would be in the app settings as well.

Brian37776

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I did check and the auto sync is on and the the breaking news app is set for 10min.
I did have the notifications come through one time a couple of weeks ago but then that was it.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I did check and the auto sync is on and the the breaking news app is set for 10min.
I did have the notifications come through one time a couple of weeks ago but then that was it.

Have you tried clearing cache in recovery?

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Brian37776

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I did have one of the apps open earlier today and received notifications while it was open.
I have been using the Active Apps widget to End All apps, do I need to leave the apps running in the back ground?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I did have one of the apps open earlier today and received notifications while it was open.
I have been using the Active Apps widget to End All apps, do I need to leave the apps running in the back ground?

As far as I know it shouldn't matter.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez