Say hi the n00b

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone, new guy here. I'm fresh to Android from the iOS world. I actively gave up on Apple (could have gotten a 5S) and opted for a Moto X instead. I'm really glad I have made that decision and have migrated all my services over to the Android/Google universe. I'm enjoying the hell out of it so far.

I don't know much yet, but I have rooted and flashed a ROM to an old Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 2 (2.x to 4.1.2) so I know about that stuff a little. My Moto is a work phone so I won't be doing the same to it, but my wife's Moto (yes, I already snagged one for her) is fair game. :p

So in summary, hi and I'm here to learn. I'll help when I can.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central and the Android platform !

Moto X, awesome device isn't it? I don't own one personally but I've played with it plenty in the stores and its very nice.

Enjoy the forums!

Paul
Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The MotoX is a great phone with a very Vanilla-like Android OS.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone, new guy here. I'm fresh to Android from the iOS world. I actively gave up on Apple (could have gotten a 5S) and opted for a Moto X instead. I'm really glad I have made that decision and have migrated all my services over to the Android/Google universe. I'm enjoying the hell out of it so far.

I don't know much yet, but I have rooted and flashed a ROM to an old Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 2 (2.x to 4.1.2) so I know about that stuff a little. My Moto is a work phone so I won't be doing the same to it, but my wife's Moto (yes, I already snagged one for her) is fair game. :p

So in summary, hi and I'm here to learn. I'll help when I can.

Welcome to the forums. I have an X as well...love it!

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Welcome! The Moto X is great, I still want to get one at some point. Feel free to reach out if there's anything we can help with!

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I've been reading the site and listening to the podcasts for a few months (really since October of '13 I think), I guess that helped me make the decision to jump ship. I love the content and the sense of community.

About the Moto X and the near vanilla Android experience, I love both. But somehow I did find it "necessary" to install Nova Launcher and Power Toggles - now I really do love the interface and the operation of the phone. Is there anything else I should consider doing to the phone (short of rooting or flashing the ROM) to really shine things up? I can't imagine it getting much better but I'm a n00b and don't know what I'm missing.

TIA

Last edited:

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I've been reading the site and listening to the podcasts for a few months (really since October of '13 I think), I guess that helped me make the decision to jump ship. I love the content and the sense of community.

About the Moto X and the near vanilla Android experience, I love both. But somehow I did find it "necessary" to install Nova Launcher and Power Toggles - now I really do love the interface and the operation of the phone. Is there anything else I should consider doing to the phone (short of rooting or flashing the ROM) to really shine things up? I can't imagine it getting much better but I'm a n00b and don't know what I'm missing.

TIA

Install the AC Forums App :)