LG G3 Power/lock button is loose. Can it be repaired?

anon(7887939)

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I have purchased an LG G3 recently and I realized that the power/lock button is loose and wobbles. It hasn't affected performance and is completely functional but the rattling sound it makes is annoying. I realized that there these 2 screws under the camera that are located at the end of each volume key and I was hoping if anyone would know if I could manage to adjust the keys maybe set them in place or something to have the power button in a more stable placement. I live in the middle east and I cannot return the phone so please any solution that I could do myself would be highly appreciated. I added a picture of the screws I was talking about. Thank you for any help you can offer.IMG-20140826-WA0007.jpg

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
I have no experience in this whatsoever, but since the button looks to be easily replaceable, have you at least removed the screws to see how difficult it might be?

anon(7887939)

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
No I haven't I was worried I might do something unnecessary that I might not be able to restore that's why I was wondering if anyone knew if those screws do the job or not

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps finding a teardown video on YouTube? iFixit does those kind of videos and are pretty well done.