Hello, it's me...

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Hey there,

I'm Jacobo Blandón Pineda (hence my username). I'm an 14 y/o dude that lives in Colombia. I, as many of you probably do, am an Android enthusiast. I love playing with my device testing custom ROMs and software on it.

I've been using Android for almost 4 years, and to be honest I really like this OS with it's ups and downs. Everything started on late November of 2012 when I got my first tablet, a Pandigital Planet, then I replaced it with the more powerful Touch+ StarTab 769 in July 2013. I got my first smartphone in early 2014, an Avvio 765. The same year, on November, I sold both the Touch+ tablet and the Avvio 765, and bought the Avvio L500. That one purchase gave me a valuable lesson about money saving and not falling in the hands of marketing and numbers, and how important to consider not only hardware but also the software and it's support from the manufacturer and the developer community. That phone was a pain in my sanity, And it also had many problems with optimization and bloatware.

And finally, I manage to sell that crap. Sadly, more than 70% of it's original value was lost after selling it ($200 US to $25 US is a huge loss).
With some help, I got an used Samsung Galaxy S5. Which turned out to be stolen, so I had to return it and wait until a new one arrived.
Now it has been 3 months since that happened, and guess what? The new one has been reported as stolen. Now, I'll have to wait until I get my whole money back, and then there's the wait of discovering the right vendor with the right price.

But this is many of those obstacles. I hope that I get a replacement really soon. Until then, I see ya.

Last edited:

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forums at Android Central!

Bienvenido a los mejores foros de Android!

Sent From my Silver Titanium Galaxy S7 Edge

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Hey... no worries.. most of us have owned phones that we wish could be wiped from our memories.

I mean, my first smartphone was purchased mostly because Verizon Wireless was giving it away free and I didn't want to spend the extra $100 or so to get something good. I thought all was well until I got home and started to actually USE it and... well...

faceplant_ski.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry to hear about those misfortunes. Hopefully you get that replacement soon!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey there,

I'm Jacobo Blandón Pineda (hence my username). I'm an 14 y/o dude that lives in Colombia. I, as many of you probably do, am an Android enthusiast. I love playing with my device testing custom ROMs and software on it.

I've been using Android for almost 4 years, and to be honest I really like this OS with it's ups and downs. Everything started on late November of 2012 when I got my first tablet, a Pandigital Planet, then I replaced it with the more powerful Touch+ StarTab 769 in July 2013. I got my first smartphone in early 2014, an Avvio 765. The same year, on November, I sold both the Touch+ tablet and the Avvio 765, and bought the Avvio L500. That one purchase gave me a valuable lesson about money saving and not falling in the hands of marketing and numbers, and how important to consider not only hardware but also the software and it's support from the manufacturer and the developer community. That phone was a pain , had many problems with optimization and bloatware.

And finally, I manage to sell that crap. Sadly, more than 70% of it's original value was lost after selling it ($200 US to $25 US is a loss).
With some help, I got an used Samsung Galaxy S5. Which turned out to be stolen, so I had to return it and wait until a new one arrived.
Now it has been 3 months since that happened, and guess what? The new one has been reported as stolen. Now, I'll have to wait until I get my whole money back, and then there's the wait of discovering the right vendor with the right price.

But this is many of those obstacles. I hope that I get a replacement really soon. Until then, I see ya.

Welcome to Android Central!