New convert from windows phone

lcw731

Feb 8, 2017
Visit site
Hello all. I'm a recent and reluctant convert from Windows phone. Looking for any tips or trick you can offer to make things a bit more tolerable. Also looking for an app similar to realarm (from windows) , where you can set an alarm, that repeats on a set schedule and then stops until it is scheduled again. for example I have alarm that is set to go off every Monday at 10:00 a.m. and repeat hourly until 2:00 p.m. then stop until the following Monday. the included alarm doesn't do quite what I need it to do. Also suggestion for browser. Looking for something that doesn't get blown up with ads and is relatively private. Currently using Samsung browser with the Adblock app.
Thanks in advance for any tips, trick or constructive advice.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Warm Welcome To AndroidCentral lcw731! :D

I also "converted" sort of from Blackberry 10 to Blackberry Android. Before you throw your device away and wish it was Windows. Give it a chance. Its actually really cool ^_^

What device did you get?

Hope to see you around the forums.

lcw731

Feb 8, 2017
Visit site
Warm Welcome To AndroidCentral lcw731! :D

I also "converted" sort of from Blackberry 10 to Blackberry Android. Before you throw your device away and wish it was Windows. Give it a chance. Its actually really cool ^_^

What device did you get?

Hope to see you around the forums.
Thanks, I have to admit there are somethings that are driving me nuts. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 active, but I'm thinking of swapping it for the S7 edge. It's a little bit more of a brick than I'm used to and even though the spec says the screen is the same size as what I had, it seems a bit smaller.

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! There are also some Windows-esque apps that may make your experience a bit more friendly and familiar: there's a "Windows tile" app on Google Play that I used on my LG G3 for a while. Loved it!

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool: I joined to the above members Welcome to Icw731
Hope their replies help you to understand the
functionality of ACapp and adapted to
New phone Os's..Have fun-Bye

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. If you have any questions feel free to ask - you found a real friendly and helpful community.