Can I have both a business number and a personal number set to my iPhone?

Incitatus

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

A family member is looking at finally moving from a flip phone, to an iPhone. They currently (still!) use a pager as well.

Can an iPhone (Verizon) have a personal phone, and business phone number ported to the same device? Then differentiated by using two different ring tones?

The pager is still being used to notify them of a customer leaving a voice message on the business line. If I am thinking correctly, the pager would be obsolete if the phone can take two different numbers?

If the iPhone cannot, would a Google Voice phone number be able to address this issue?

Thank you in advance.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately it can't be done with standard numbers, but you're correct in the assumption that a Google Voice number would work. :) I would suggest using the Google Voice number as the business line, as the built-in conditional forwarding and do not disturb features can be very helpful.

Incitatus

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
The more I think about it, couldn't the business line simply be forwarded to the personal number (iphone), which then could have a specific ringtone from that "contact"?

Does that make sense, or am I missing something?

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
The more I think about it, couldn't the business line simply be forwarded to the personal number (iphone), which then could have a specific ringtone from that "contact"?

Does that make sense, or am I missing something?

That's precisely what I was getting at. :) You'll have to set it so that it rings through as the Google Voice number. If identifying the caller is important, the Call Screening options may be of help.

Settings > Calls > Caller ID (incoming) > Display my Google Voice number
Settings > Calls > Call Screening > Announces caller and lets you listen as caller leaves a message
Settings > Calls > Call Screening > Ask unknown callers to say their name​