Need help... iphone 2G and itunes....HELP!

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
OK, I have been trying for days to resolve this problem.... my itunes will not recognize an old iphone I was given. It DOES see my ipod 80GB. The laptop sees the iphone, as a camera. It is NOT the phone or cable as I installed itunes on another laptop and the iphone was recognized just fine, so it is MY laptop.

I have done all the normal stuff from Apple and other forums.... messed with msconfig, uninstalled / reinstalled itunes several times, etc.... I used Blackberry stuff on this laptop before going to the HTC Incredible. Tether, pdanet, vz access manager, etc. I think something there might be causing the problem. I uninstalled Access Manager and Tether. Pdanet wil not let me uninstall for some reason. I don't need any of it as I can use hotspot to connect my laptop to the internet if need be.

As I did not have the original SIM, I got one off of e bay and activated the phone for a few days then canceled the account. All I want to do with this thing is use as an ipod touch. I already have my Incredible, but wanted to tinker with the iphone like an ipod.

Any new ideas??

UPDATE:

Got it fixed. I uninstalled and reinstalled all of itunes. Then when I plugged phone in and it "found new hardware" and tried to install it as digital camera, I chose NOT to do so automatically. Instead I chose to install on my own, chose Browse the pick USB Mass Storage from choices and it installed the correct drivers. WHAMMO, not itunes sees my old iphone now! YEAH!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez