Verizon iPhone cometh -- Will you be switching?

Will you be switching to the iPhone?

• Total voters

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I think that people are making a bigger deal about this than it is worth. Of course there will be Android traitors just like there are iPhone traitors. The may be more of the first group than the second one but still it is not going to be as dramatic if this was done last year. Android is available in more varieties than than there are different flavors of Snaple.

In regards to the worry of Steve Jobs and apple having influence over what Verizon releases and does with other iPhone competitors, guys calm down and lets take 3 deep breathes haha. Everything is going to be okay. Verizon will not let Steve Jobs tell them what to do with anything other than the iPhone. Verizon did not release the original iPhone due to them not wanting to allow Apple too much control over things. Yes, I am sure Verizon regrets that to this day but things have changed since the iPhone 3Gs has released. Verizon has a huge android customer base and many of them have come from the iPhone. Verizon's customer base is the biggest in the country and have not seen a big loss in customers in the past 2 years.

Verizon releasing the iPhone is more important to Apple than Verizon. Apple will continue to lose customer on AT&T when LTE is available. Verizon does not have a Data rates set up like AT&T and their 3g signal is better than Verizon in relation to coverage (not talking about speed). Also Verizon with Verizon's recent history with the Droid line of Android phones, it is creating competition with the iPhone. If Steve Jobs did not decide to release an iPhone on Verizon's network they will be losing market share, espeically when LTE is available. If anything, Verizon will have the control over Apple that AT&T dreamed of having.

Guys, the tables have turned since the last time the iPhone was offered to Verizon.

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Iphone on verizon, will it over shadow android?

Verizon has announced the iphone now. its confirmed. It will has hotspot for up five devices. Will these news over shadow any android device coming out on any network? What do you guys think? It's also a multi-year deal, with non exclusivity so do you guys think this means apple will be hitting all four carriers hence more than doubling its numbers over android?

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Can someone make a poll, I'm curious about how many are ditching Android for the Iphone.

I certainly am not...now if it came to Sprint...I would have to think about it, but I love my Evo :)

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't matter where it goes, They can send it to the moon and back... it still doesn't compare to what an Android phone can do. Unless they're changing the phones hardware, specs, and OS to replicate Androids and calling it the iDroid.... actually even then it doesn't compare. Two completely different worlds. I'm sure they will do great with sales but that's about it.

It's a great phone and was the first of it's kind to set the pace for future smartphones but it doesn't compete with Android. Apple makes great products. I own an iMac, Macbook and iPod...but when it comes to phones right now Android is on top.

Last edited:

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
And the masses will be happy for a time.....if I'm not happy I'll just flash a new rom!

lol. I agree but i think the masses will jump. I like when asked about talk and data at the same time and their responce was basically "well verizon customers have to compromise" lol.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I think for the first week or so we're going to see a mass hysteria and hype over people rushing out to buy it, after that it will become just like any other phone. I think Verizon proved at CES that it's Android commitment isn't going anywhere.

Reactions: RichardClark

Ronindan

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Here in Canada, the Iphone has been available to all carriers since late 2009 (starting from the Iphone GS). After the intial excitment, it became just another device in the carriers lineup. And the carriers still sell Android phones, BB and other smartphones.

Put it this way, when the HTC Desire was released by Telus early last year. There was a backlog since the Desire was sold out.

Last edited:

darkrisen

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have been an apple hater for well over 15 years and personally didn't want the Iphone to hit VZW. Even though I don't have an android phone as of yet I have been trying my best to be patient to get the best I can when I have the money so im not unhappy with a device for 2 years again like I have been with my storm1/2 ( Got Duped 2 times :-( ) And from what I have been reading on most sites now is proving what I feared would happen when apple joins a company. New crappy policies are being announced and changes are being made and thats what apple loves to do. Next phase we will see is apple starting what they do best and sueing everyone for yet something else they claim is theirs. Thats why I wish they would have stayed exclusive to ATT because that was a match made in heaven.

On the side note im still not sure what my first android phone will be. I want to not be left behind so it will have to be dual core but everyone seems to have a hatred for motorola so I guess I'll have to wait for HTC to make a dual core announcement.

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I think for the first week or so we're going to see a mass hysteria and hype over people rushing out to buy it, after that it will become just like any other phone. I think Verizon proved at CES that it's Android commitment isn't going anywhere.

I agree and verizon is screwing over its customers while AT&T is pushing android now. I think Verizon releasing four phones with very similar specs is kinda the reason so that they can sell iphones in feburary why? because nothing great on the new phones, just 4g on them. I think Verizon will push iphone even though its not an exclusive contract i can see this on sprint and even t-mobile sooner than later maybe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87