(Another) Thinking of switching annoying thread!

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I had the S22 Ultra for 13 days back in April and the battery life killed it for me. Was charging the phone by mid-afternoon just to make sure I'd last the rest of the day. Also, the Galaxy Watch 4 seemed chonky compared to the Apple Watch Series 7. Plus, if you're invested in the Apple ecosystem (iPhone, Apple Watch, MacBook, iPad, Apple TV, etc.), going to a Samsung wouldn't make sense.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
It's marketing hype that the public has bought into.
Aaah, some might be hype but A LOT of it is true. IME, iPhones just work. They're boring as heck, but they just work, very well, IME. I kinda would say that iPhones work well for folks that have lives so busy by other things that they don't have time to be bored by a phone. That is not me. I'll take my Android phones and their quirks and their sometimes-not-as-refined apps for all that they DO offer. I have learned to live without iMessage and I'm just fine. ... just one perspective.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Not to belabor the point about iPhones, here are some threads I found on Macforum. So yeah all phones have similar problems.

iPhone 13 Pro Max Cutting Out when talking To caller.
Battery Health Rapidly Declines
iPhone stuck on Apple logo after reset
Why is my phone microphone not working
I phone colour fade
iPhone 13 Pro Horrible Photos
iPhone 13 Pro screen uniformity issue

philliplavelle

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Have you made a purchasing decision, OP? I can understand what you're saying about the ease of use between your Apple Watch and iPhone 13 Pro Max. I feel the same way about my Google Pixel 5 and my Chromebook.

However, I'd you are really thinking of giving the S22 Ultra another go -- I say go for it! You can always return it again (no shame in that!) if you decide to stick with Apple!

Good luck, and keep us posted on what you decide!

Hey there

I think so.. I’m going to go to the Samsung store here in Los Angeles tomorrow and take a look (which is basically usually me saying I'll buy it!!). How exciting!!

philliplavelle

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
For airdrop between ipad and the s22u look at KDE Connect. The iOS and iPadOS version is available via the test flight app and it has a android app already available. This is what I used to transfer files between my s21 and ipad pro when I had those devices and it works super well.

https://testflight.apple.com/join/vxCluwBF

Oooh this is interesting. I'll take a look at this!

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Aaah, some might be hype but A LOT of it is true. IME, iPhones just work. They're boring as heck, but they just work, very well, IME. I kinda would say that iPhones work well for folks that have lives so busy by other things that they don't have time to be bored by a phone. That is not me. I'll take my Android phones and their quirks and their sometimes-not-as-refined apps for all that they DO offer. I have learned to live without iMessage and I'm just fine. ... just one perspective.
Apple has been making the same simplistic commercials and marketing strategy for decades. KISS. It has worked for them. That is what I am specifically referencing.

Sure, they make good products but they have many people convinced, through exceptional marketing, that their products are better than all the rest. They have committed to this and it works. Look at their products with a new viewpoint and you realize they are far from flawless. The "just works" part cracks me up.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Apple has been making the same simplistic commercials and marketing strategy for decades. KISS. It has worked for them. That is what I am specifically referencing.

Sure, they make good products but they have many people convinced, through exceptional marketing, that their products are better than all the rest. They have committed to this and it works. Look at their products with a new viewpoint and you realize they are far from flawless. The "just works" part cracks me up.
IME, the "it just works" is mostly true but I do IT for a living and prolly troubleshoot things without mentally acknowledging it too. My Android phones work well, it just seems that occasionally I come across that one or two apps that let me down. The Android phones are so much more engaging to use though. When I switched from Apple (again, for the millionth time) this past March and went S22U I loved it so much I may have gone a bit overboard in the "let's get a backup phone" (or two) department. I NEVER miss the iPhone 13 Pro Max.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey there

I think so.. I’m going to go to the Samsung store here in Los Angeles tomorrow and take a look (which is basically usually me saying I'll buy it!!). How exciting!!

LOOL I can definitely understand that thought process! How exciting for you! Congratulations! Keep us posted on what happens!

philliplavelle

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
LOOL I can definitely understand that thought process! How exciting for you! Congratulations! Keep us posted on what happens!

Well.. I took myself off to the Samsung store in LA today and walked out... Without one!

I found out that I had missed the offer with $100 extra off by just a day which was sooooo annoying. With CA tax and the watch with CA tax, if was going to work out at near $1800 and I just panicked and walked out.

But I am super tempted still so think I will order the watch on Amazon (where there is an offer on right now) and go back and suck it up and get the phone tomorrow.

Can't make my mind up between white and green!

I'm gonna have to sell my 13 Pro Max to fund this. Amazed how little Samsung give you in trade in (like $400) for that phone. I know they're less generous than Apple in that regard, bit still thought I'd likely have gotten more. Will definitely have to sell that privately!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Well.. I took myself off to the Samsung store in LA today and walked out... Without one!

I found out that I had missed the offer with $100 extra off by just a day which was sooooo annoying. With CA tax and the watch with CA tax, if was going to work out at near $1800 and I just panicked and walked out.

But I am super tempted still so think I will order the watch on Amazon (where there is an offer on right now) and go back and suck it up and get the phone tomorrow.

Can't make my mind up between white and green!

I'm gonna have to sell my 13 Pro Max to fund this. Amazed how little Samsung give you in trade in (like $400) for that phone. I know they're less generous than Apple in that regard, bit still thought I'd likely have gotten more. Will definitely have to sell that privately!

Oh man! The suspense! I totally thought you would have bought it at the store! I can understand though! With the hefty pricetag and not a lot of great trade-in options, strategy is advised! Keep us posted!

philliplavelle

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Oh man! The suspense! I totally thought you would have bought it at the store! I can understand though! With the hefty pricetag and not a lot of great trade-in options, strategy is advised! Keep us posted!

I’m such a nuisance. I drove halfway to the store today thinking “I’ll just pick it up and give it a try” and then talked myself out of it and turned back home, thinking I just can’t justify that amount.
Which is silly because I’ll sell the iPhone for just shy of $1000. So it’s actually costing me $400. But is it worth it? The device is much nicer looking and has a screen to die for, but battery is not as good and camera is subjectively worse in a few situations. IDK man! Lol

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I’m such a nuisance. I drove halfway to the store today thinking “I’ll just pick it up and give it a try” and then talked myself out of it and turned back home, thinking I just can’t justify that amount.
Which is silly because I’ll sell the iPhone for just shy of $1000. So it’s actually costing me $400. But is it worth it? The device is much nicer looking and has a screen to die for, but battery is not as good and camera is subjectively worse in a few situations. IDK man! Lol
Your willpower is so much stronger than mine. Give yourself a pat on the back for fighting the temptation. That phone will still be there when the time is right and you will probably be very glad you gave it lots of thought before jumping the gun.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I totally get what you're saying. It's so hard to make a decision. I think you'll always think of one more thing to stop you/cause you to buy it. If you see yourself using it day-to-day, give it a try again, and see what happens!

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
As aforementioned, excellent display of discipline. Now, if you could just bottle some of that up and sell it to those of us that need it you'd surely make a kill'n.

philliplavelle

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
As aforementioned, excellent display of discipline. Now, if you could just bottle some of that up and sell it to those of us that need it you'd surely make a kill'n.

Ha ha - don’t compliment me too much. I was at the Samsung store at 10am when they opened and back in my car by 1010 with an S22 Ultra in my hands!!

subguy812

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I just returned from Cancun after a week, and as expected, some really good photos and some really bad photos.

I remember saying in the Pixel 6 Pro thread, I would take the P6P on vacation with me because of it's consistency, unfortunately I sold it. I still say, I would take the P6P with me when photos really count.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred