BB 10 keyboard

teamfoster03

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I too would like the bb10 keyboard on android. I tried the z10 and ended up returning it when I found that my IT department wasn't going to support it. A week later they forced us to new android devices. So far im adjusting but miss the bb keyboard.
Anyone know of a keyboard that at least has the same layout as the bb keyboard? More specificly the 2nd level keys. Such as holding down P and getting @ and M for . and B for ! and A for *

I think thats what Im missing the most is the keys that you would access on the bb with the ALT key. I know they are there but they are all in different positions.

Elite1

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Your best bet right now is probably SwiftKey:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.touchtype.swiftkey&hl=en

BBRY co-developed the BB10 keyboard with SwiftKey. It's not identical and doesn't have all the same features, like the word flicking for example, but does learn your typing habits.
Tracks your usage too and shows you some cool metrics like how many autocorrects and "heatmap" of your keyboard presses. And allows some customizations like various skins to change keyboard colour scheme.

There's a free version too. I haven't used either personally, so I couldn't tell you the difference there.
I can tell you I know several people extremely satisfied with the paid version.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Your best bet right now is probably SwiftKey:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.touchtype.swiftkey&hl=en

BBRY co-developed the BB10 keyboard with SwiftKey. It's not identical and doesn't have all the same features, like the word flicking for example, but does learn your typing habits.
Tracks your usage too and shows you some cool metrics like how many autocorrects and "heatmap" of your keyboard presses. And allows some customizations like various skins to change keyboard colour scheme.

There's a free version too. I haven't used either personally, so I couldn't tell you the difference there.
I can tell you I know several people extremely satisfied with the paid version.

Hey Elite! It's time for you to dump those BB's and get with the Android program! :D

Elite1

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey Elite! It's time for you to dump those BB's and get with the Android program! :D

:p
Just saw this now!

If BB10 was officially no more, this is where I'd be. I just don't care for iOS.
Just checked out Note 3 the other week. What a slick device. But S4 would probably be my choice.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
:p
Just saw this now!

If BB10 was officially no more, this is where I'd be. I just don't care for iOS.
Just checked out Note 3 the other week. What a slick device. But S4 would probably be my choice.

The Note 3 is a great device indeed. But I really feel the size of my Galaxy S4 is better for my small hands.

But who knows?!
I might end up getting the Note 5 instead of the S6 when my next upgrade comes!

Only time will tell...:thumbup::cool:

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
menblattcard