Weird issue with Zelle on my S23 Ultra ** SOLVED ***

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Have had the S23 Ultra for a few months now but just getting around to setting up my existing Zelle account to it.

I enter my my phone and all is good but I don't remember my password so I go through the Forgot Password process. Everything good so far. I get the screen to enter my name and new password. I enter my first and last name in the fields. Again all good so far. This is where the problem starts.

When I tab to the password field, the keyboard disappears and I can't enter a password.

Things I have done to troubleshoot:
  1. Make sure phone has latest update and then restarted phone
  2. Uninstalled Zelle app and then reinstalled
  3. Changed phone keyboard from Samsung to Gboard
  4. Connected blue tooth keyboard to phone (when I tab using the blue tooth keyboad, I can enter/change text in the First/Last Name fields but again, cannot enter any text in the password field.
Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas/suggestions to fix this? I didn't have any problems with any other apps. I always do a fresh install when getting a new phone but I wonder if I did the data transfer option from the my old S20 Ultra, I might not have had this problem.

Last edited:

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Have had the S23 Ultra for a few months now but just getting around to setting up my existing Zelle account to it.

I enter my my phone and all is good but I don't remember my password so I go through the Forgot Password process. Everything good so far. I get the screen to enter my name and new password. I enter my first and last name in the fields. Again all good so far. This is where the problem starts.

When I tab to the password field, the keyboard disappears and I can't enter a password.

Things I have done to troubleshoot:
  1. Make sure phone has latest update and then restarted phone
  2. Uninstalled Zelle app and then reinstalled
  3. Changed phone keyboard from Samsung to Gboard
  4. Connected blue tooth keyboard to phone (when I tab using the blue tooth keyboad, I can enter/change text in the First/Last Name fields but again, cannot enter any text in the password field.
Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas/suggestions to fix this? I didn't have any problems with any other apps. I always do a fresh install when getting a new phone but I wonder if I did the data transfer option from the my old S20 Ultra, I might not have had this problem.
Can you enter the password into another app/screen (notes, anything really) so you can then copy paste the password into zelle by long pressing and then you avoid the keyboard? Kind of a work around if possible...

Reactions: SpaceJamzz

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I didn't even realize zelle has an app, I'm so use to doing this through my bank account, I looked it up seems users having this issue by the comments on the apps Google Play page
f2e3f2526738c0b005512b5b6581dc58.jpg

Reactions: SpaceJamzz

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Can you enter the password into another app/screen (notes, anything really) so you can then copy paste the password into zelle by long pressing and then you avoid the keyboard? Kind of a work around if possible...

Didn't even think of that...

Even though the option to paste only shows up for a split second, I eventually (like on the 5th or 6th try) was able to paste in a new password.

Zelle is now active on my S23 Ultra..

Thanks jtfwTX!!!!! and if you are in Fort Worth, TX I hope ya stay warm the next few days!!!!

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Didn't even think of that...

Even though the option to paste only shows up for a split second, I eventually (like on the 5th or 6th try) was able to paste in a new password.

Zelle is now active on my S23 Ultra..

Thanks jtfwTX!!!!! and if you are in Fort Worth, TX I hope ya stay warm the next few days!!!!
I'm sooo glad it worked! I had a similar issue with another app a while back and it worked for me too. In Houston - not ready for this cold! Good luck 🤞