Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hawkwind212
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Most ACCURATE gesture typing keyboard????

    Hey gang, I've got all the major gesture typing keyboards like Swiftkey, Swype, TouchPal X, Kii, A.I. type, and the latest Google Keyboard, all paid versions when applicable, and while Swiftkey is the best for prediction hands down, it's not as accurate as I remembered it being for straight typing. I've come to realize that accuracy is even faster that having a great prediction system, so while I'm trying the keyboards one by one with What's App, I thought it would be a good idea to ask here too what the rest of you feel is the most ACCURATE gesture typing keyboard around. I know I have a lot of keyboards, but it's a cheap hobby to have, lol, and I can't help searching for the "perfect" keyboard! Lol.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Most ACCURATE gesture typing keyboard????

    My experienceis with the keyboard is based mainly on two apps: swift and SlideIT. Some people may not have heard of SlideIT, since it hasn't been popular for almost a year, but it was once an editor's choice in 2012. I like using SlideIT because it's an overall well made keyboard. It has a good looking u.I. Which you can type comfortably than you can swipe with it. Customization is plenty, where yiu can even run some of the app commands from the keyboard. The keys are good size keys, so most people will not have the fat thumb issue. Now swift key is something else, it's freakishly fast when you're doing the swipe, and it's very forgiving. However, the speed and the accuracy do have a trade off, swift key syncs with its cloud storage constantly to store and download the words you're writting. Which means swift key will take more ram to run and drains the battery faster. On there other hand, SlideIT does everything locally, it may not be as fast, but you get the picture.

    Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
    hiredgun likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Most ACCURATE gesture typing keyboard????

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind212 View Post
    My experienceis with the keyboard is based mainly on two apps: swift and SlideIT. Some people may not have heard of SlideIT, since it hasn't been popular for almost a year, but it was once an editor's choice in 2012. I like using SlideIT because it's an overall well made keyboard. It has a good looking u.I. Which you can type comfortably than you can swipe with it. Customization is plenty, where yiu can even run some of the app commands from the keyboard. The keys are good size keys, so most people will not have the fat thumb issue. Now swift key is something else, it's freakishly fast when you're doing the swipe, and it's very forgiving. However, the speed and the accuracy do have a trade off, swift key syncs with its cloud storage constantly to store and download the words you're writting. Which means swift key will take more ram to run and drains the battery faster. On there other hand, SlideIT does everything locally, it may not be as fast, but you get the picture.

    Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
    Lol, I forgot to say that I have the paid version of SlideIT too, lol, and you are right, you can customize the heck out of it, which is a big plus, but my accuracy issues have been mixed. The prediction doesn't seem to learn nearly as well as some of the other keyboards like Swype and Swiftkey, and I seem to remember having some problems with simple words like "lol" and "good," but since I paid for it I may give it another try too. What I may really need is the most "forgiving" keyboard really, the one that let's you make the most mistakes and STILL gets the word right!
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Most ACCURATE gesture typing keyboard????

    IMO, the most recent version of SwiftKey is amazingly forgiving when comes to swiping error. I find slideIT actually better for typing words instead of swiping, due to the way the keyboard is setup. You're right about slideIT doesn't have a very good learning A.I. like swift keyboard. I recently purchase a keyboard app call 'minuum' keyboard. The keyboard setup is like the old phone pad qwertz setup, where you have tap '1' key twice to get letter b. Well, minuum took that concept and made it like how it was when you entered the words on the phone with the credit card company. Where you just have to type once, and the prediction A.I. will guess what you're to type. Also minuum saves lots screen space since it's only has a single row of keys at the portrait orientation. It was on sale at 50% for $1.99. You can also stretch Minuum to a full size keyboard. The ai on Minuum is just as good if not better than swift keyboard. Minuum's prediction is freakishly accurate and is extremely forgiving towards sloppy typing, more so than SwiftKey, if that's even possible. Even though you can't swipe with minuum yet, just typing is incredibly fast. Supposedly it broke the typing record.
    Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Most ACCURATE gesture typing keyboard????

    I'll have a look at that, as there are quite a few videos on Youtube, but I've gotten used to gesture typing now, and I don't know if I can go back to tap typing now, lol. Always feels clumsy when I do!
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Most ACCURATE gesture typing keyboard????

    Give fleksy keyboard a try, I haven't try it yet, but I heard nothing but good things about it. Its gesture typing is supposed to be faster than swift keyboard, if you can believe that. Swype was on sale today for $.99, but I found it to be just an average swiping keyboard. It didn't even have swipe and type feature. Lots of soccer team themes though, what's up with that ?

    Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Most ACCURATE gesture typing keyboard????

    I would just wish that there was some kind of standard within gesture keyboards, so when I learned how to use one then that practise could be used on all platforms.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Most ACCURATE gesture typing keyboard????

    I think swype is more accurate than the google keyboard that I use now

    Quote Originally Posted by hiredgun View Post
    Hey gang, I've got all the major gesture typing keyboards like Swiftkey, Swype, TouchPal X, Kii, A.I. type, and the latest Google Keyboard, all paid versions when applicable, and while Swiftkey is the best for prediction hands down, it's not as accurate as I remembered it being for straight typing. I've come to realize that accuracy is even faster that having a great prediction system, so while I'm trying the keyboards one by one with What's App, I thought it would be a good idea to ask here too what the rest of you feel is the most ACCURATE gesture typing keyboard around. I know I have a lot of keyboards, but it's a cheap hobby to have, lol, and I can't help searching for the "perfect" keyboard! Lol.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Most ACCURATE gesture typing keyboard????

    Quote Originally Posted by mrshanno View Post
    I think swype is more accurate than the google keyboard that I use now
    I would have to agree with you, Swype is pretty darn accurate, but Google does do a pretty decent job itself for sure. It's turning out to be harder than I thought to find a clear winner among the top 3 or 4 keyboards as far as accuracy goes!
  10. #10  
    jonny911's Avatar

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

    Default Re: Most ACCURATE gesture typing keyboard????

    I'm actually using the Google keyboard, as it is ok for me. A month ago, i received my bluetooth keyboard from CSL (amazon) and I'm really fine with that. Typing is really enjoyable, if you deal with larger texts or mails.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Most ACCURATE gesture typing keyboard????

    I've been using Swype for a couple of months now with barely any problems. Took some getting used to but now I can't go back to a normal keyboard!
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Most ACCURATE gesture typing keyboard????

    Stock google keyboard work great once you get used to it using predictive rype and swipe features.

    Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. How to get the most out of my g3
    By G3Chece in forum LG G3
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-19-2014, 06:14 PM
  2. No images for most BlinkFeed articles on The Guardian
    By big_c#CB in forum HTC One Mini
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-18-2014, 03:28 AM
  3. unable to type with Panasonic T21
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-17-2014, 04:44 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-17-2014, 12:00 AM
  5. keyboard not showing
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-16-2014, 04:07 PM

Posting Permissions