software update

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Yep, checked my daughter's, got the update, but still reports 2.1 Update 1, so apparently not a system update? And gps is still not working.

rsy8806

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
wow i haven't had any problem at all with the gps and Google maps nav, though sometimes it takes a while to find the satellites it always works..

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, did sort it out after I posted this. No idea what the software update did, tho'. The gps issue is in another thread, actually...

rsy8806

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
it put on that backup program under system programs but other then that i really didnt see much else either.. Though now that the ally is rooted, its nice to finally be able to use Barnacle Wifi tether.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
it put on that backup program under system programs but other then that i really didnt see much else either.. Though now that the ally is rooted, its nice to finally be able to use Barnacle Wifi tether.

They got backup assistant working on right on the phone after the os build was finalized so they put it in the market for the early adopters but yes one of the main reasons for this build was supposedly to add backup assistant to the ROM itself. Other than that I think it was just a general bug fix upgrade that you usually get a month or two after a new phone comes out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87