"Software Update" not listed in Settings on my S24 Ultra

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
On my S24 Ultra, when I go to Settings and go down the list "Software Update" isn't showing in the list, which normally would show near the bottom. It hasn't shown in the list since I've had the phone. It didn't show before the February update and it's still not showing after the update. I had to search Settings to find it. Has anyone else saw this and have a fix for it?

Reactions: mlblack16

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
On my S24 Ultra, when I go to Settings and go down the list "Software Update" isn't showing in the list, which normally would show near the bottom. It hasn't shown in the list since I've had the phone. It didn't show before the February update and it's still not showing after the update. I had to search Settings to find it. Has anyone else saw this and have a fix for it?
I would recommend actually touching/clicking the download and install button and see if that prompts the update

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240228_171128_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20240228_171128_Settings.jpg
    351.4 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: Laura Knotek

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Download Goodlock from the Galaxy Store and run Registar to Customize Settings Home.

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I would recommend actually touching/clicking the download and install button and see if that prompts the update
Thank you. I able to search for "Software Update" in settings. And I was able to download the update. My problem is Software Update menu doesn't show in the list after opening settings

Reactions: jtfwTX

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Download Goodlock from the Galaxy Store and run Registar to Customize Settings Home.

That worked. Using Registrar, It was at the bottom of the list with a check mark already in it. However, for what ever reason it didn't show in settings. So using Registrar I moved it up the list and now I see it in settings. Thank you again.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Oh that's odd. I wonder if you might end up needing the dreaded hard reset to make it show.

As I recall, you and I are ATT and identical devices (S24U Titanium Grey)

Edit - the only thing I have different (maybe) is I have developer settings enabled

Screenshot_20240228_194832_Settings.jpg

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
That worked. Using Registrar, It was at the bottom of the list with a check mark already in it. However, for what ever reason it didn't show in settings. So using Registrar I moved it up the list and now I see it in settings. Thank you again.
Same here. Software Update wasn't showing on mine either. Do you have the S928U1 or S928U? I have the S928U1.

As far as using Registar. I don't remember having got through Goodlock and Registar on my previous phones (S22 Ultra and Note 10+) to customize the settings home.

Reactions: kevinpleasants

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Oh that's odd. I wonder if you might end up needing the dreaded hard reset to make it show.

As I recall, you and I are ATT and identical devices (S24U Titanium Grey)

Edit - the only thing I have different (maybe) is I have developer settings enabled

View attachment 360407
Yes we are both AT&T. I managed to get it to show up following advance from a user above, using Registar in GoodLock. That was a strange thing. My son had the same happen with his S24 Ultra. Thank you.

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Software Update wasn't showing on mine either. Do you have the S928U1 or S928U? I have the S928U1.

As far as using Registar. I don't remember having got through Goodlock and Registar on my previous phones (S22 Ultra and Note 10+) to customize the settings home.
I have the 928U. I had the Registar module in GoodLock but I've never used it on this phone or my previous phone. I'm not sure why that happened but thankfully using Registar in GoodLock fixed it. Have you got yours fixed?