Flex 2

Mika Kat

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Whose going to be picking up the Flex 2? LG said it'll be coming I think later this year? I'm very interested in the next flex and what they've changed.

Posted via Android Central App

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
All rumors so far, but yes, if/when they release number 2, I will be all over it.. After seeing the Mega 2 got a patent for a 7 inch screen, my wishlist now includes at least a 1080p screen, replaceable back/battery, and a screen of about 6.5 inches..

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Yep I'm getting the next flex granted its not bigger.. This was right on the border for me. I think it's perfect exactly the way it is.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Mika Kat

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Yep I'm getting the next flex granted its not bigger.. This was right on the border for me. I think it's perfect exactly the way it is.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Six inches is a great size. Great for YouTube Netflix and web browsing.

Mika Kat

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
All rumors so far, but yes, if/when they release number 2, I will be all over it.. After seeing the Mega 2 got a patent for a 7 inch screen, my wishlist now includes at least a 1080p screen, replaceable back/battery, and a screen of about 6.5 inches..

I want to say I read somewhere that a rumor is the flex 2 will have a 1080p screen.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
LG priority should be a Gen2 panel for the screen and trying to fit a stabilized camera. That would solve pretty much all of the 'unfortunate'-flak from third rate reviewers. Unfortunately it will still not be a Samsung or Nexus so it won't get more than 4/5 from any of the bigger "reviewers". I think.

Last edited:

Linh321

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I read a few reviews feed back from the T-Mobile website with some owners stating that the screen cracked easily is that true? I'm am hoping to own the flex 2 when it's time to upgrade

Posted via Android Central App with LG Google Nexus 4

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
The screen on the flex cracked? Lol I don't see that happening.. I've sat on mine and stepped on it.. Very flexible you can say.. Not saying it couldn't happen but highly unlikely

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I read a few reviews feed back from the T-Mobile website with some owners stating that the screen cracked easily is that true? I'm am hoping to own the flex 2 when it's time to upgrade

Posted via Android Central App with LG Google Nexus 4

The screen on the flex cracked? Lol I don't see that happening.. I've sat on mine and stepped on it.. Very flexible you can say.. Not saying it couldn't happen but highly unlikely

The face, digitizer and screen are a single assembly. A bit over $100 only which isn't bad, but you need specialized tools due to the sealed construction. It has Gorilla Glass 2 for the face, which as I recall is less scratch resistant but more crack resistant than GG3 (?). Makes sense as you cannot possibly scratch the glass by setting it face down on a flat surface.

That said, the face IS glass and the surrounding 'lip' is very thin but soft. Normal drops and mild sharp impacts will be negated, simple bending and crushing are fine. A good hard hit will still crack the glass. Since it feels very good and secure in my hand I have elected to go caseless and bleed out some insurance payments. The phone is most impressive bare, sleek and feather light but there is no shame in getting a tanklike shell with sacrificial glass overface. It protects better from hard hits and does not reduce the resistance to crushing.

Mika Kat

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I dropped my flex a couple times on hard surfaces and no cracked screen. So I don't see how you could crack the screen on these.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana