1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Overclock / underclock / stuttering / smoothing

Has anyone played around with setcpu for root? Or know some good tweaks before we have custom ROMS?

I've noticed with stock settings that sometimes there is a stutter when scrolling web pages initially.

If you keep your finger on the screen and go up/down its smooth ( to do with CPU speed staying high)

This seems to be alleviated when I change the governor to interactive but presumably at a cost of battery life.

Turning off the side swipe multitask thing seems to smooth things slightly too unless it's placebo!

On this lg g2 rom they mention lg mistakenly leaving software rendering turned on. I'm curious if our tab has the same setting
    Last edited by crunchie-uk; 11-12-2013 at 01:30 PM.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Overclock / underclock / stuttering / smoothing

I've just checked the egl.cfg and according to what I've read it does have the same setting wrongly enabled.

In developer settings, tick 'force GPU rendering' . is it just me or is it ridiculously smooth now?

I've currently limited CPU speed to 1350mhz. Still smooth!

I've checked mine and it seems fine. Android is set as last resort, and adreno320 is set enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by crunchie-uk View Post
    I've just checked the egl.cfg and according to what I've read it does have the same setting wrongly enabled.

In developer settings, tick 'force GPU rendering' . is it just me or is it ridiculously smooth now?

I've currently limited CPU speed to 1350mhz. Still smooth!
    Interesting. Which app are you using to downclock? This can certainly help increase battery life.
    Phone: Rooted Droid Razr Maxx; Tablets: Nexus 7.1, Galaxy Note 10.1, Rooted LG G Pad 8.3
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by MightyT View Post
    Interesting. Which app are you using to downclock? This can certainly help increase battery life.
    I'm rooted and using setcpu from the market. It still seems really smooth with 1350mhz as max and ondemand governor

Hmm. Haven't used that since my OG Droid. I may give it a go.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx on Tapatalk.
    Phone: Rooted Droid Razr Maxx; Tablets: Nexus 7.1, Galaxy Note 10.1, Rooted LG G Pad 8.3