Overclock / underclock / stuttering / smoothing
Has anyone played around with setcpu for root? Or know some good tweaks before we have custom ROMS?
I've noticed with stock settings that sometimes there is a stutter when scrolling web pages initially.
If you keep your finger on the screen and go up/down its smooth ( to do with CPU speed staying high)
This seems to be alleviated when I change the governor to interactive but presumably at a cost of battery life.
Turning off the side swipe multitask thing seems to smooth things slightly too unless it's placebo!
On this lg g2 rom they mention lg mistakenly leaving software rendering turned on. I'm curious if our tab has the same setting http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2505682
Re: Overclock / underclock / stuttering / smoothing
I've just checked the egl.cfg and according to what I've read it does have the same setting wrongly enabled.
In developer settings, tick 'force GPU rendering' . is it just me or is it ridiculously smooth now?
I've currently limited CPU speed to 1350mhz. Still smooth!
- 11-13-2013, 10:16 AM #3
- 11-13-2013, 12:34 PM #4
- 11-13-2013, 03:29 PM #6
- By slinkies in forum LG Optimus GReplies: 1Last Post: 11-05-2013, 06:42 PM
- By awesomedeals88 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 10-24-2013, 05:43 AM
- By ashwinbhavna143 in forum Android 2.3 GingerbreadReplies: 0Last Post: 10-20-2013, 09:07 AM
- By sparker781 in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 0Last Post: 10-19-2013, 09:28 PM
- By blue_k in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 13Last Post: 07-23-2013, 11:40 PM