G3 ROM ported to G2

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm not really noticing anything really. Knock code works with the screen off and is really awesome. Was getting a days roaming thing but switched my mobile mode to CDMA/LTE and haven't seen it since. Works great to me

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

O.K. If your phone is Sprint or Verizon, then CDMA/LTE is where you should be. :p

tjefferson3

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
So is the stock messaging functional on the Optimus G3 rom? Can you send and receive MMS?

I've got the new Optimus G3 V1.1 up and running, and so far there's no problems. It's amazing to me how these roms just sip battery juice. How's that cloudyfa rom working? Still reading about some problems, in the xda forums.:p

tjefferson3

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Great thanks...I'm going to try that one out. Since my Lg g2 is already rooted all I need to do is download the rom, boot into TWRP and install correct? I'm kind of new at altering my phone

Yes it is. If you install the rom, go right to the 1.1, it has a few more goodies in it. Looks just like the G3. :p

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Great thanks...I'm going to try that one out. Since my Lg g2 is already rooted all I need to do is download the rom, boot into TWRP and install correct? I'm kind of new at altering my phone

TWRP will give you the option to do a wipe first. Do it, and then proceed like you were going to. Also, make a back-up first, just in case. Good luck. I think that you'll like it a lot.:p

tjefferson3

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
TWRP will give you the option to do a wipe first. Do it, and then proceed like you were going to. Also, make a back-up first, just in case. Good luck. I think that you'll like it a lot.:p

👍 I appreciate the info...so far I like tinkering with my phone although I do get paranoid that I'm going to screw something up...lol

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
?????? I appreciate the info...so far I like tinkering with my phone although I do get paranoid that I'm going to screw something up...lol

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

I know where you're coming from, because i was the same way. The key is having a system(nandroid) back-up. A back-up when the phone is brand new, and a back-up when the phone is rooted, and you've got it just the way you want it. If you screw up your phone, but you can get into recovery mode, you can bring it back from the dead. Think of recovery mode as an anti zombie mode. Haha.:p

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I know that a lot of people use Sprint & Verizon, but imho, that CDMA technology is old school and out of date. Most places in the world use some form of GSM technology. :p

Yeah I know! I've considered switching but haven't pulled the trigger yet! I'm downloading the Optimus3G again. Though a toggle of airplane mode stops it from displaying roaming in the Cloudy ROM, I'd rather not have to do that

Posted via Android Central App

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Does knock code work with the screen off like Cloudy or can I make it work with the screen off? Shoot, doesn't even look like knock on is working properly

*EDIT*
Did a little digging and cloudy kernel brings screen off knock code to the OptimusG3 ROM!

Last edited:

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Does knock code work with the screen off like Cloudy or can I make it work with the screen off? Shoot, doesn't even look like knock on is working properly

*EDIT*
Did a little digging and cloudy kernel brings screen off knock code to the OptimusG3 ROM!

Don't use knock code. I just double tap anywhere on the screen for on or off.:p

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Don't use knock code. I just double tap anywhere on the screen for on or off.:p

Saw the Optimus 1.2 update and had to give it a go! Crack flashing has begun but I'm flashing between the same 3 ROMs so it's not that bad lol

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Saw the Optimus 1.2 update and had to give it a go! Crack flashing has begun but I'm flashing between the same 3 ROMs so it's not that bad lol

I saw the 1.2 update too, but can't find a download that is working. I suspect "download overload". That's o.k., i can wait.:p

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I saw the 1.2 update too, but can't find a download that is working. I suspect "download overload". That's o.k., i can wait.:p

I hate that Mega thing that everyone uses note but it worked for me through that. Lol

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I hate that Mega thing that everyone uses note but it worked for me through that. Lol

Just read on xda, that one of the devs will be building a "nexus" edition of the LG G2. They're going to call it the "silver edition". No LG apps, all Google Nexus. Sweeeeet!!! :p

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Just read on xda, that one of the devs will be building a "nexus" edition of the LG G2. They're going to call it the "silver edition". No LG apps, all Google Nexus. Sweeeeet!!! :p

Link please so that I may subscribe lol I've moved back to a G3 ROM but I'll try that Nexus edition Rom too!

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Link please so that I may subscribe lol I've moved back to a G3 ROM but I'll try that Nexus edition Rom too!

Bad news. I sent a pm to the dev, about sending him a donation, and he said no to donations and the "silver" project is toast. He can't get everything together, to make it happen.:'(

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Guess Mahdi is as close as I can get to a "Nexus" edition G2

Well, i was willing to kick up some bucks, just to try out the "nexus" version on the LG G2. I've tried the "nexus" version on the SGSIII, and it didn't impress me. My son-in-law has a Nexus5 from T-Mobile, which he let me borrow before i bought my LG, and i thought that it used too much battery. Also, imho, hangouts $ucks. Too many tweaks missing from that messaging app. The stock LG G2 has much better battery life than the stock Nexus5, and the stock LG G2 has a much better messaging app than the stock Nexus5. True Nexus fanboys are like BB fanboys. Once they have the phone, there's no other phone in the world as good as theirs. Just more bogus b.s. :p