Here's a great first look at the Verizon & at&t LG G2

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Verizon's version removed the Brightness and Volume sliders from the notification window, which is awesome. I'm assuming you can also disable the Qslide icons as well. AT&T why didn't you do this too!!! /sigh

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I actually like the grid look of the speakers on the AT&T version but no biggie I will be getting mine tomorrow!

SENT FROM MY AMAZING NOTE 2!

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else thing the buttons on the back of the Verizon version are small and ugly. Att version looks much more elegant and useful being a little larger. I don't like that silver on the Verizon at all.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else thing the buttons on the back of the Verizon version are small and ugly. Att version looks much more elegant and useful being a little larger. I don't like that silver on the Verizon at all.

Ugly? No, not to me. But I do like the stock/AT&T design better.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hard to believe that Verizon eliminated the stereo speakers and went to one mono speaker. It's got wireless charging, but I assume they don't include the charging base?

BarrettF77

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know if on Verizon you can simply take a nano sim with adapter from a iPhone 5 and have it work in the G2 using an adapter of course so if I wanted I can switch between devices by moving the sim between phones?

warreo

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me or does it look like the VZ version is a bit chunkier than the AT&T version? Not fatter, per se, but there's less of a tapering effect towards the sides of the back. Possibly to accomodate the wireless charging...? I wonder if that means you'll need a different case for VZ vs. AT&T versions.

CellGuy

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Im glad to see the settings menu going to "standard" vanilla style. Also, the sliders in the notifications are gone...YES!!! I hate those.
Sounding better and better

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I like the look of the power/volume buttons on the att but the Verizon buttons seems to not have that hump which is nice.

Sent from my A500 using AC Forums mobile app

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Hard to believe that Verizon eliminated the stereo speakers and went to one mono speaker. It's got wireless charging, but I assume they don't include the charging base?

None of the G2s have stereo speakers, they just changed the way the speaker and microphone covers are.

dazedniteman

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Played with the device for about 30 minutes this evening. Looked pretty good. Felt good and pretty solid and the buttons on the back didn't feel too bad - I feel like I can get use to them pretty quickly.

* I did take a few pictures with the G2 and my HTC One which can be seen here: HTC One vs LG G2 - Imgur I took them from the same area and zoomed out as much as they could - I also cleaned the lens with my shirt before taking the pictures.

* In an effort to compare the G2 with the One (the current debate that I am having), I attempted to watch a youtube video at the same time. I decided on the new HD version of the Hobbit movie Trailer. I clicked the video link at the same time and the HTC One moved on to the "buffering/loading" screen but the G2 paused for a bit before loading (it seemed to lag). By that I mean the color around the video changed as it usually does when you click something and the color stayed for what seemed like a second and a half. However, the G2 started the video about a quarter of a second before the HTC One. The video appeared brighter and a little better on the One (brightness on both were on high -- however I didn't check to see if it was set to HD on the G2 and I know it was on the One). The sound was a lot quieter on the G2 compared to the One and it also didn't sound as good. I'd like to personally spend more time looking at this myself but this was the initial viewing I had.

* Camera seemed to delay just a second as the camera focused before taking the picture - not a bi delay but there appeared to be a small one.

* Knock On worked well, slight delay, but it works and works well.

* Overall I am very close to pulling the trigger and returning the HTC One. I think the LG software is extremely customizeable and I'm happy about that (see the latest droid-life.com video which shows some of the areas you can customize).

Hope that helps some :)