LOVING this phone--but is there a way to autohide those buttons?!

kkel19

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
The screen almost becomes a S3 screen with those software buttons..kinda defeats the whole 5.2 screen..with that one whole inch gone due to the buttons. Does root or any mods help it autohide?

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Love this phone also but feel the same way. Really thought they would autohide. Seems like they do sometimes like in YouTube vids but not games?makes no sense

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The screen almost becomes a S3 screen with those software buttons..kinda defeats the whole 5.2 screen..with that one whole inch gone due to the buttons. Does root or any mods help it autohide?
The buttons on your phone take up an entire inch? I'd return that device and make sure you check the new one before leaving the store because the buttons on my unit protrude about a quarter of an inch into the screen.
The software buttons are only meant to autohide when video viewing and game playing. I don't want the buttons to autohide when I'm navigating other areas of the phone because if they autohide, you have to constantly tap the screen to unhide them.
Either way, go check on that inch.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
The buttons on your phone take up an entire inch? I'd return that device and make sure you check the new one before leaving the store because the buttons on my unit protrude about a quarter of an inch into the screen.
The software buttons are only meant to autohide when video viewing and game playing. I don't want the buttons to autohide when I'm navigating other areas of the phone because if they autohide, you have to constantly tap the screen to unhide them.
Either way, go check on that inch.

Mine don't disappear when playing games?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 2

GeekMoxie

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I may be one of the minority that do not like the on-screen buttons. I prefer to have as much screen real estate as possible.
My S4 makes me happy in this regard, but it looks like there is a strong shift to on screen buttons so I may just have to get used to it.

cobra617

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I agree with folks that don't like on screen buttons. To me it is a waste of screen real estate. I much prefer capacitive buttons.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I agree with folks that don't like on screen buttons. To me it is a waste of screen real estate. I much prefer capacitive buttons.

I have mixed emotions about capacitive buttons. Yes, it's nice they leave you with a bit more screen real estate, but it's a pain when you're in the dark, the capacitive buttons have timed out, and you have to feel around for them.

kkel19

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the awesome APP!!! god this phone is awesome...got the hyperion black TPU case..black on black making it look SICK now.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Some games n apps may not have the code to auto hide the softkeys. What does the media call it more fragmentation ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
There's more customization with these keys then other keys more nexus like.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

With capacitive buttons its impossible to whittle the bezels down to the size that the g2 has.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Jodiuh

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I have mixed emotions about capacitive buttons. Yes, it's nice they leave you with a bit more screen real estate, but it's a pain when you're in the dark, the capacitive buttons have timed out, and you have to feel around for them.
I have been using a Note 2 for almost 6 months. I keep the capacitive button lights off. I have never had an issue finding them in the dark and MUCH prefer them off the screen and not lit...just now I went for the space button and hit the home button...grrr.

With capacitive buttons its impossible to whittle the bezels down to the size that the g2 has.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
The bottom bezel of the Note 2 and G2 are literally the same size. If Samsung could fit them in, LG could have too. The lack of capacitive buttons is a major letdown with this phone IMO.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
I have been using a Note 2 for almost 6 months. I keep the capacitive button lights off. I have never had an issue finding them in the dark and MUCH prefer them off the screen and not lit...just now I went for the space button and hit the home button...grrr.

The bottom bezel of the Note 2 and G2 are literally the same size. If Samsung could fit them in, LG could have too. The lack of capacitive buttons is a major letdown with this phone IMO.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2

To each there own really. I like them and one of the reasons I got it. Just hope a software update adds a feature to remove on certain apps. Its a cleaner look to me

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non