Turn LED Notifications OFF while charging or at night. HELP!

jace carlyle

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I just got my new LG G2 Verizon. I use a wireless charger. At night, the notification LED for emails/texts is so bright my entire bedroom flashes green. Since I use the wireless charger I do not have the option to just put the phone face down as I did on my previous smartphone.

I have tried Locale/Tasker/ and Light Flow and cannot seem to find any automated LED Notifications off that works. Does anyone have experience with this specific phone getting notification led's to turn off on their own. This is may seem trivial but is incredibly frustrating.

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Settings>display>led. You can turn on and off led notifications for specific tasks or all on or off. There's a toggle in the drop down too

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Settings>display>led. You can turn on and off led notifications for specific tasks or all on or off. There's a toggle in the drop down too

This. I personally use the toggle from the menu on the notification window. One press when I go to bed and one when I wake up works just fine for me.

Sent from my LG G2 via Tapatalk

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Is there not a "blocking mode" or is that a Samsung thing? My S3 I can specify a time of day to turn on/off the notifications, calls, etc so I have it go silent with no led from midnight to 6am

kollarism

May 13, 2012
Visit site
wait there's a toggle for led light?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4

It's in the notification drawer. Mine came stock with a ton of stuff of AT&T. If you don't have it, go all the way to the right and click edit to turn it on.

Last edited:

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Also, does LightFlow's "Night Mode" not work? It is supposed to suppress the LED/Sounds between the times you specify.

Disclaimer: I don't have a G2.

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I use a combination of "quiet mode" and "daydream" at night and I haven't noticed my LED notifications coming on at all. I have it set to enter "quiet mode" from 10:00 pm and 6:00 am automatically on weekdays (I do it manually on the weekends), and to enter "daydream" mode when it's charging. I also have "daydream" set to display the digital clock in "night mode" which makes the display very dim. It's actually one of my favorite features of this phone (okay, one of many favorite features.) ;) Good luck.

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
It's in the notification drawer. Mine came stock with a ton of stuff of AT&T. If you don't have it, go all the way to the right and click edit to turn it on.

can ya send a pic? I don't have that on Verizon :-(

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk 4

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
can ya send a pic? I don't have that on Verizon :-(

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk 4

Here's a couple of pics that include the toggle icon and selection on the edit menu. AT&T version.

Sent from my LG G2 via Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379609037881.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379609037881.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 79
  • uploadfromtaptalk1379609048866.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379609048866.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 81

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Looks like Verizon doesn't have the LED toggle, but it is in settings. You can turn them all off or on or whichever ones you want off or on.

Or just could put the phone face down with the charger on turned over on top of it LOL.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
The small software differences between the AT&T (and probably others) and VZW are really weird.

Stock browser - AT&T: Yes, VZW: No
Sliders in Notification window - AT&T: Yes, VZW: No (this is one I wish AT&T was a No also)
Custom notification sounds from specific contact - AT&T: Yes, VZW: No
LED Toggle on Notification bar: AT&T: Yes, VZW: No
Group messaging is stock SMS App - AT&T: No, VZW: Yes

Boggles the mind.

Attachments

• Jackie-chan.png
    Jackie-chan.png
    53.5 KB · Views: 472

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
The small software differences between the AT&T (and probably others) and VZW are really weird.

Stock browser - AT&T: Yes, VZW: No
Sliders in Notification window - AT&T: Yes, VZW: No (this is one I wish AT&T was a No also)
Custom notification sounds from specific contact - AT&T: Yes, VZW: No
LED Toggle on Notification bar: AT&T: Yes, VZW: No
Group messaging is stock SMS App - AT&T: No, VZW: Yes

Boggles the mind.

Not software but wireless charging would have been nice on AT&T. They should have made it cheaper

BioMed007

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
What is the source of your info? I am an impatient Sprint user and am wondering what the Sprint G2 will be.

Sent from my PC36100 using AC Forums mobile app

stew930

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
The LED is very bright. I have been distracted by it when I am trying to fall back asleep. Sometimes I just set it to Airplane Mode.

I just got my new LG G2 Verizon. I use a wireless charger. At night, the notification LED for emails/texts is so bright my entire bedroom flashes green. Since I use the wireless charger I do not have the option to just put the phone face down as I did on my previous smartphone.

I have tried Locale/Tasker/ and Light Flow and cannot seem to find any automated LED Notifications off that works. Does anyone have experience with this specific phone getting notification led's to turn off on their own. This is may seem trivial but is incredibly frustrating.

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

We would be happy to address your question; unfortunately, there would not be an option to turn this off. For further software questions, the best thing to do is contact your service provider as they support the software.

You may also find product information and other realms of support via our website at LG Electronics: Consumer Electronics & Appliances from LG | LG USA.

Thank you,
^CL

wait, LG is actually browsing these forums? hey LG, for the love of God can you fix the horrible, awful content adaptive brightness bug seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slwkFhpiYbs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

and then fix how awful the video camera is, by fixing the terrible audio, and annoying auto focus issue?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4

sidhuk

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
same issue here with rogers LG G2. the bright led light comes on after battery is charged and is very annoying and has no timer on it. what is the sense of the dream mode clock when all of a sudden you have this bright light looking in to your eyes once battery is charged?