How to get rid of the Safety Care app?

Roy Berntsen

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I have uninstalled the app. But now i get a very annoying notification all the time that my phone wants to update this app...

Any way to get rid of this for ever?

RobotHeaven

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Go to settings, then "about phone", then "update centre" then "app updates", then click on menu key so you can bring up settings. Either click OFF "auto app update" or selecy OFF on "update notification cycle"

alternatively

Go to settings then "apps" then look down the list for the app. Then click OFF where it says about notifications, or maybe even disable the app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is Safety Care a preinstalled app? If so, I'm surprised you were able to uninstall it, since preinstalled apps can usually only be disabled (and some can't even be disabled).

Posted via Android Central App

Roy Berntsen

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Is Safety Care a preinstalled app? If so, I'm surprised you were able to uninstall it, since preinstalled apps can usually only be disabled (and some can't even be disabled).

Posted via Android Central App

Yes it was preinstalled but had the option to uninstall even so. I guess i just have to install it and let it be

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a G2, so I can't test this out myself, but I wonder if you uninstalled the updates to the app, or if you were truly able to uninstall it completely. If you uninstall all updates, then a preinstalled app reverts to its original factory version, which could explain why it's bugging you to update.

You mentioned it's not in your App List--can you check Settings>Apps>All, and scroll through all of the apps to see if Safety Care is still there? If you find it, tap it and see if there is a Disable button.

Roy Berntsen

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a G2, so I can't test this out myself, but I wonder if you uninstalled the updates to the app, or if you were truly able to uninstall it completely. If you uninstall all updates, then a preinstalled app reverts to its original factory version, which could explain why it's bugging you to update.

You mentioned it's not in your App List--can you check Settings>Apps>All, and scroll through all of the apps to see if Safety Care is still there? If you find it, tap it and see if there is a Disable button.

I uninstalled the app it self. Not the updates and it is not in the app all list anymore

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Then there might be some other LG app that is bugging you about it, something similar to Motorola's Motorola Services app. Not sure if it's worth searching hard for it.

Illusion Nightblood

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I have uninstalled the app. But now i get a very annoying notification all the time that my phone wants to update this app...

Any way to get rid of this for ever?

Hi i have the lg g flex since 3 days and hust found this app i think it would be pretty usefull for frend of the kids of my friends but i cant find the app ob Google play is ther a way to get this app on a galaxsy s3 (i9300)? I mean it's good to have. And it would get a lil bit safety feeling for the parents sins most kids these days have super smartphones