Bluetooth ear piece

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi Folks-do any of you have experience with Moto bluetooth ear pieces that work good with your phone? I have a platatronics, but unfortunately, it will not play the ringtone I have for each caller. I had a moto one some years ago and it played the ringtones. So I want to get some advice on current Moto ones that might be good today. Thanks

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
All you need is a Bluetooth that supports A2DP. A2DP allows for audio(music/ringtones) to be streamed through to the ear piece.

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi Folks-do any of you have experience with Moto bluetooth ear pieces that work good with your phone? I have a platatronics, but unfortunately, it will not play the ringtone I have for each caller. I had a moto one some years ago and it played the ringtones. So I want to get some advice on current Moto ones that might be good today. Thanks

I have a Moto bluetooth headphone and it works great if that is any help. It functions as a headset too.

ಠ益ಠ

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Follow up. I now havce an MOTOROLA HX550, and again it does not play the ringtone i selected for each caller, but it is a woman's voice that reads out the phone number. Is there a setting somewhere on the phone to change this so the earpiece plays the ringtone and not her voice? Thanks

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Same thing on my jawbone jambox.
My cheep little jabra headset the phone just rings, same with my xbox headset.

I would love for my jambox to say the name of the caller.
Or just let the phone ring.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Same thing on my jawbone jambox.
My cheep little jabra headset the phone just rings, same with my xbox headset.

I would love for my jambox to say the name of the caller.
Or just let the phone ring.

The moto will at lease give me the number of the caller. But I know years ago moto headsets used to play through with the ringtone. When did they stop doing that? I wish they didn't it was a great way to know instantly who was calling when I could not look at my phone

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone else chirp in here? If you know of a type of bluetooth earpiece that plays ringtones please post it here. Thanks

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I dont know of any that play ringtones, the xbox 360 one I have might [rf+bt] I'll test it in the am but I doubt you would want that, its bulky and anyoing.

Ask google

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I did google it. I guess it can't be done. Funny how at times the the technology can go backwards. Years ago when I had a moto flip V9, it could do that. Now with even more advances you can't do it. Makes no sense to me.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a Plantronics Voyager Legend headset, as long as I have "Media Audio" enabled, I hear the ring tones played through the headset, along with all notification tones. It works, can be kind of annoying though as I also use the voice commands, so I keep Media Audio disabled most of the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87