| || |
LG G2: Finally found a way to disable wallpaper scrolling in the stock launcher
Since the g2 only allows a resolution of 2160x1920 as a crop for the home screen wallpaper, you'd have to install a third party launcher in order to use a 1080x1920 wallpaper. But the G2's firmware seems to negate navigation and notification bar transparency from third party launchers (Fixed in KitKat 4.4).
This is for you people who want to stick to the stock launcher, but don't like the wallpaper scrolling when swiping through your home screens, since the quick transitions seemed to make my phone seem "stuttery" in my eyes.
Here's how you do it.
1. Install Nova Launcher from the Play Store
2. Disable wallpaper scrolling in the Nova Settings
3. Set any 1080x1920 wallpaper of your liking
4. Access Nova Launcher using the G2's application manager (Settings > Applications > Nova Launcher)
5. Clear Data
6. Uninstall Nova Launcher
7. Go back to your home screen using your stock launcher
and voila! Your wallpaper will not scroll when swiping between your home screens on your beloved stock launcher!
although this post seems to be irrelevant to most of you since in the 4.4 kitkat update, you can (finally) now fix the navigation/notification bar transparency in third party launchers downloaded from the play store, this is for people who prefer to stick to the stock launcher.