LG G2: Finally found a way to disable wallpaper scrolling in the stock launcher

ronnypoo

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Since the g2 only allows a resolution of 2160x1920 as a crop for the home screen wallpaper, you'd have to install a third party launcher in order to use a 1080x1920 wallpaper. But the G2's firmware seems to negate navigation and notification bar transparency from third party launchers (Fixed in KitKat 4.4).
This is for you people who want to stick to the stock launcher, but don't like the wallpaper scrolling when swiping through your home screens, since the quick transitions seemed to make my phone seem "stuttery" in my eyes.

Here's how you do it.

1. Install Nova Launcher from the Play Store
2. Disable wallpaper scrolling in the Nova Settings
3. Set any 1080x1920 wallpaper of your liking
4. Access Nova Launcher using the G2's application manager (Settings > Applications > Nova Launcher)
5. Clear Data
6. Uninstall Nova Launcher
7. Go back to your home screen using your stock launcher

and voila! Your wallpaper will not scroll when swiping between your home screens on your beloved stock launcher!

although this post seems to be irrelevant to most of you since in the 4.4 kitkat update, you can (finally) now fix the navigation/notification bar transparency in third party launchers downloaded from the play store, this is for people who prefer to stick to the stock launcher.

rcocker

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Press and hold on an unused part of the desktop. Choose wallpapers, then multi-photo. Only add one photo and it will not scroll.

Religion Kills

Nov 19, 2018
Visit site
since the g2 only allows a resolution of 2160x1920 as a crop for the home screen wallpaper, you'd have to install a third party launcher in order to use a 1080x1920 wallpaper. But the g2's firmware seems to negate navigation and notification bar transparency from third party launchers (fixed in kitkat 4.4).
This is for you people who want to stick to the stock launcher, but don't like the wallpaper scrolling when swiping through your home screens, since the quick transitions seemed to make my phone seem "stuttery" in my eyes.

Here's how you do it.

1. Install nova launcher from the play store
2. Disable wallpaper scrolling in the nova settings
3. Set any 1080x1920 wallpaper of your liking
4. Access nova launcher using the g2's application manager (settings > applications > nova launcher)
5. Clear data
6. Uninstall nova launcher
7. Go back to your home screen using your stock launcher

and voila! Your wallpaper will not scroll when swiping between your home screens on your beloved stock launcher!

Although this post seems to be irrelevant to most of you since in the 4.4 kitkat update, you can (finally) now fix the navigation/notification bar transparency in third party launchers downloaded from the play store, this is for people who prefer to stick to the stock launcher.

now why would you uninstall nova? It is the best launcher ever!!!!!!!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89