Screen Issues When Charging

Jenny Horner

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

My G2 just started doing this last night. After I plug it into the outlet to charge, the screen keeps turning on like I plugged it into the charger the first time, if that makes sense. How do I fix this? Is it the outlet?

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean when you say it's like it was plugged into the charger the first time? What shows up? Is it the normal lockscreen?

Go to Settings>Developer Options​ (if available), and make sure "Stay Awake" isn't checked on.

Jenny Horner

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Basically what happens is I plug it into the charger for the very first time and it is fine. But then a few seconds later (and every 15 seconds after) the screen turns on again and acts like it's being plugged in again. Normally the screen is dark when I'm charging, but the screen keeps coming on every few seconds.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does it charge up normally? I wonder if there's a loose connection somewhere, and it keeps disconnecting and then connecting again. Check the port to make sure there's no debris in there.

Jenny Horner

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I am wondering if there was debris because it charged fine at work, the screen didn't keep coming on. I will see what happens tonight. Thank you for your help!

mozman

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I have had the same problem depending on the charger and or cable used. Are u using the original charger and cable? I suggest if it keeps happening to change one or both and it should be better.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk