Why isn't my GPS able to lock on my location?

tmk2730

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
LG G2 Gps Navigation Problem

Hello, navigation worked fine on my new phone for the first month, after that I have serious problems with my LG G2. Whenever I navigate on google maps, my location does not change; it says "waiting for location" however, Google Map tells my location within seconds. My problem is limited only to the navigation. I think the word for that is LOCK (Gps icon does not turn white on Lg g2). Is it a software problem or a hardware problem? I have tried all the GPS fix application and it does not seem to work. Please Help.

tmk2730

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: LG G2 Gps Navigation Problem

Thanks mate for replying. So should I wait for a new software update or take my mobile to service centre?

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site

Some have reported that they have fixed their gps problems on certain G2's by gently squeezing the front/back upper right hand corner of the phone. Apparently some may have a loose gps chip. If that doesn't work then I would take it in for service especially if it is under warranty.

Google maps uses GPS/WiFi and cell signal to determine your general location but uses the GPS chip for navigation.

David

tmk2730

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site

Thanks a lot. I owe you. I would take my phone to the service center as it is under warranty.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38