LG a Leader!!

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
My G2 replaced an Iphone 5S, which had replaced a Samsung Galaxy S4. I am so impressed with the quality of the build and the design of the G2, that I am very willing to move quickly to the G3, if the specs are close to what is rumored. It looks like LG has really committed themselves to being leaders in the phone industry. They need to do timely updates and do the advertising necessary to tell the world that they have a superior product.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
My G2 replaced an Iphone 5S, which had replaced a Samsung Galaxy S4. I am so impressed with the quality of the build and the design of the G2, that I am very willing to move quickly to the G3, if the specs are close to what is rumored. It looks like LG has really committed themselves to being leaders in the phone industry. They need to do timely updates and do the advertising necessary to tell the world that they have a superior product.

I'm happy to hear of your success. I am using a Galaxy S4 and plan on upgrading to a G3 as soon as Verizon releases it.

You should just keep the G2 instead of paying full price for a G3. It's a great phone.

Posted via Android Central App

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
If I had a G2 I'd hold out for the G4. Unless you have cash to blow, then go for it!

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Not much use as others have said upgrading from a G2, it is still one of the best phones on the market and will be for quite a while.

For me who still has a S3 its a no brainer, plus my wife has the G2 so I know the in's and out's of the software.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm happy to hear of your success. I am using a Galaxy S4 and plan on upgrading to a G3 as soon as Verizon releases it.

You should just keep the G2 instead of paying full price for a G3. It's a great phone.

I'll take a careful look at the G3. I am on the EDGE program with Verizon, so it won't cost me an arm and a leg, just an arm.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I liked everything about the G2, except the signal strength and call quality were very poor. Every LG I have had has suffered from those problems (Optimus G and Pro, too). The AT&T manager who used the G2 said the same thing when I was talking to them about making a change. If LG can fix those issues with the G3 it will be great. If not, I will pass.

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I liked everything about the G2, except the signal strength and call quality were very poor. Every LG I have had has suffered from those problems (Optimus G and Pro, too). The AT&T manager who used the G2 said the same thing when I was talking to them about making a change. If LG can fix those issues with the G3 it will be great. If not, I will pass.

Have to say you're in the minority with respect to signal strength. While it may not be Motorola it has good to excellent call quality and data reception. I rarely lose LTE in a small town with only one cell tower for the whole town (only two exits off the interstate and 2 miles end to end).

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Have to say you're in the minority with respect to signal strength. While it may not be Motorola it has good to excellent call quality and data reception. I rarely lose LTE in a small town with only one cell tower for the whole town (only two exits off the interstate and 2 miles end to end).

I compared the G2 in the same locations with the same sim card with the Moto X, the HTC One, the S4, the Notes 2 and 3 and the 5s (yes, I owned all of them at the time -- I am an ***** that way) and the G2 was consistently several db lower than all of them. It also had a tougher time maintaining an LTE signal and could not make calls or download at fringe places where the others could. Its signal bounced around a ton compared to the others, too.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I bought g4 reception sucked got lg g2 was much better. My buddy has new g5 we do speed test all the time my data is always faster than his. I'm never buying a Samsung til they improve the radio.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

As you said, you're in a small town. People that live in big places, for instance myself , in NY, could definitely face issues.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I bought g4 reception sucked got lg g2 was much better. My buddy has new g5 we do speed test all the time my data is always faster than his. I'm never buying a Samsung til they improve the radio.

May depend on carriers, on sprint I get between 13 and 18 on a strong LTE connection at home. On the road, I'm usually on 3g with maybe 1-3 bars

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I conducted a side by side comparison of my S4 against the Verizon Store S4, the LG G2, Galaxy S5, and Note 3, using dBm as my data. I needed to exchange my wall charger, and I was 5th in line with time to kill.

The two S4's performed the worst, each registering -85 dBm. Next, the Note 3 was second in line to struggle, getting -80 dBm. Next best was the Galaxy S5, reading -75 dBm. And lastly, the LG G2 performed the best at -60 dBm. I unfortunately didn't make it to the M8.

So we have a range of signal strength, -85 dBm to -60 dBm. As dBm gets closer to 0, signal strength improves. I did not make any Motorola comparison because it's a well-known fact Motorola phones provide superior reception. So I hope this quick but accurate test I conducted gives everyone on Verizon an idea of where to go looking to get good reception and where to avoid weak/questionable reception.

Kilroy13

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I conducted a side by side comparison of my S4 against the Verizon Store S4, the LG G2, Galaxy S5, and Note 3, using dBm as my data. I needed to exchange my wall charger, and I was 5th in line with time to kill.

The two S4's performed the worst, each registering -85 dBm. Next, the Note 3 was second in line to struggle, getting -80 dBm. Next best was the Galaxy S5, reading -75 dBm. And lastly, the LG G2 performed the best at -60 dBm. I unfortunately didn't make it to the M8.

So we have a range of signal strength, -85 dBm to -60 dBm. As dBm gets closer to 0, signal strength improves. I did not make any Motorola comparison because it's a well-known fact Motorola phones provide superior reception. So I hope this quick but accurate test I conducted gives everyone on Verizon an idea of where to go looking to get good reception and where to avoid weak/questionable reception.

The sheep won't listen!

SENT FROM MY LG G-FLEX......LIFE IS GOOD✌

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
The sheep won't listen!

SENT FROM MY LG G-FLEX......LIFE IS GOOD✌

I'm a degreed mechanical engineer and graduate level theoretical physicist. Numbers don't lie; people do. That's why I love math so much is because it speaks only truth. And physics is friggin cool!

Dizfunctions

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm a degreed mechanical engineer and graduate level theoretical physicist. Numbers don't lie; people do. That's why I love math so much is because it speaks only truth. And physics is friggin cool!

But mah anecdotal evidence! Math can't prove me wrong because anecdotal evidence is the absolute truth!

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
But mah anecdotal evidence! Math can't prove me wrong because anecdotal evidence is the absolute truth!

What? Anecdotal evidence? Are you a disgruntled Samsung fan boy upset that in a very fair, unbiased test, Samsung ate dirt? People lie. Numbers don't. And I'm deeply sorry if that concept is beyond your comprehension. Grow up.

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site

Not saying your test was wrong but it seems odd to me that G2 is that much better than others. At my Verizon store, G2 was similar to Moto X, M8 and S5 had the best signal. Better than G2 by about 5~6dbm.

Are you sure you looked at 4G signal strength on G2? Remember LG phones display two signal strengths, 1X voice and 4G data separately. Usually 1X strength is much higher than 4G.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I compared the G2 in the same locations with the same sim card with the Moto X, the HTC One, the S4, the Notes 2 and 3 and the 5s (yes, I owned all of them at the time -- I am an ***** that way) and the G2 was consistently several db lower than all of them. It also had a tougher time maintaining an LTE signal and could not make calls or download at fringe places where the others could. Its signal bounced around a ton compared to the others, too.

Nope. I think you lost all of us when you said the S4 had better signal. Next you'll have us on about the S4 Mini being the bee's knees.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress