Which company/ies you needed to use the warranty the most? Problematic?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Not including Dummy Phones, I've owned almost 200 flagships since 2009...

Interestingly enough, Google's Pixel is the least number of phones I've owned and yet twice now I had to use RMA.

Pixel, P2, P6P, P7, P7P (x2).

Google actually refused it on my P6P, they said wait for the update?!? I wasn't about to do that, ended up selling it. Long story short it's basically, the worst phone I've ever owned.

Google redeemed themselves with the 7, that at one point I had 2 P7P. Of course, my carriers offering me amazing deals helped. I love it so much that I got the Lemongrass 7.

This is why I started this, my 7 started acting up where the display shifts colors while using Instagram Reels and YouTube Shorts. I tried everything but no luck, so yesterday after two days talking to support, Google told they'll send me a new one. At least I hope it's new...

Samsung. Once I had to get the display replaced because of a dead pixel. That was a long time ago, I can't remember the model.

Am I extremely lucky or what, thinking back of all the phones I bought from Apple, hTc, Samsung, BlackBerry, LG, Sony. Only once I had to used the warranty.

No, I wouldn't count the Samsung's Note 7. No issues but was forced to return it. I can't complain either, Samsung paid me $200 for trading in a POS phone that didn't even cost me a penny.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Not many for me , Im consider lucky also but ones that come to mind a Samsung S10+ display popping out the frame Pixel 3xl sim port not working and a Apple device don't remember which model.

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
The only device I had to have repaired was my Pixel 6.. it had some blotch under the screen that wasn't present on day one and UBreakIfix did, no questions asked under warranty and had my phone back to me the same day. In fact, they said it would be next day but I didn't even get through the door from dropping it off and they called for to come back and pick it up. 😂

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't think I've ever had to warranty replace a phone.. the only phone that would have gone back is the pixel 6 if I hadn't merely bought it as a curiosity.

Reactions: bembol

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I got my replacement from Google. They couldn't give me a box.

I wonder how this affects resale value. Not that I'm planning to sell it, not yet. Really loving the Lemongrass color.

EnthalpiousKitten

Feb 24, 2021
Visit site
Bumping this thread with my experience. Only time I had to RMA a device was a Cat S41 where the display completely crapped out after a year and a half. Never mind that the mechanical back button went bad before that and I was using an on screen button emulator. Sold the warranty replacement to my mom since I was moving to the US for college and that thing didnt have the bands needed anyway. The replacement lasted about two more years until the charge port became extra loose, the PMIC failed in a manner that limits charging to 5V/500mA on most chargers, and of course the back button went bad. My dad had an issue where the digitizer failed on his Cat S60 right before the two year warranty ended, he switched to Samsung soon after gave me the replacement S60 to use as a dedicated thermal camera.