Does the LG G3 screen awake when...

parapluie

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I know you don't like this answer but Android phones (and I don't expect the G3 to be any different) don't turn on the screen when you receive a text, etc. That is what the notification light is for - to let you know that something has come in and in fact you can program different colors for different kinds of notifications (SMS, Voice Mail, E-Mail, etc). If your screen turned on for every notification your battery would be gone in a couple of hours.
My S3's screen turns on and shows previews of text messages.

parapluie

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
My G3's screen does not turn on when I get a text message. I do miss that from my S3 but understand the hit on battery life it could take to turn on the screen over and over. The notification light on the G3 is so much smaller and slower that I think I may miss it if I have my sound off.

Kevin Troendle

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I installed SMS popup app (it's free) and then tweaked the settings of both
default message app settings
as follows to get the behavior I wanted.

I think that you could get any of the behaviors that everyone is asking
for through the combination of settings.

Basically you have to turn off the popup for text message in the default app
since SMS will also popup, so you have 2 popups happening. So just turn
off the default message app popups.

The you can control the screen coming on or not for sms arriving through
SMS popup.

default message app settings

Screenshot_2014-09-12-13-08-16.jpg

SMS popup settings

Screenshot_2014-09-12-13-09-48.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-12-13-09-38.jpg

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
My phone will wake up for certain alerts, such as Snapchat notifications. I think it will for Twitter too. I have facebook notifications disabled and use hangouts so it doesn't wake up for those.

Tonni Marie

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Mine doesn't wake up when i receive messages. I just got it today and am on the Android 4.4.2 version. I want it to wake the screen up. You can definitely edit pictures. LG has the best editing filters and options!

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I am actually trying to turn that feature off, I'm using Handcent SMS and it wakes my screen with every message.
Can't seem to find where to turn it off, I prefer the blinking notification instead.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty