Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By darthyobert
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Global Posts
    359 Global Posts

Default G3: Netflix 4K content?

Netflix began streaming 4K content in the US and Canada just recently. Has anyone lucky enough to get their hands on a G3 been able to stream 4K content on the G3. That would be way cool.

Default Re: G3: Netflix 4K content?

My guess is that they will have to update the app to support the new screen resolution. Also I'm not sure if they would have to re-encode the 4k video down to the 2k on the phone. That's would be a lot of data to transmit that would just be thrown away.

Netflix on my note 3 is in standard definition. I doubt that Netflix on the g3 would support QHD

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

It won't. Majority of phones don't even stream 1080P Netflix still.. Only the Nexus does if memory serves me correctly.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

That's not surprising, but it seems like they (LG) ought to make full resolution content available somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by sopclod View Post
    That's not surprising, but it seems like they (LG) ought to make full resolution content available somehow.
    Unfortunately it isn't their fault... It's Netflix.

I honestly would be amazed if anyone could tell the difference between 1080 and 4K on a 5.5 inch screen. I'm pretty sure that the hardware limitation on this one is on the human.

You can totally tell with the demo videos on the phone. Other than that there's really no content to see a difference with.

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Unfortunately it isn't their fault... It's Netflix.

I mean, if you're going to make a flagship phone with a 2560k display as one of the major selling points, you aught to have something that shows it off... the two included "videos" are kind of lame.

Quote Originally Posted by sopclod View Post
    I mean, if you're going to make a flagship phone with a 2560k display as one of the major selling points, you aught to have something that shows it off... the two included "videos" are kind of lame.
    Well that's up to the consumer really. I personally wouldn't want tons of demo videos on the phone just to see the display. The display should just be good for use of the phone.. As long as that looks good.. It's a win .

Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle999 View Post
    You can totally tell with the demo videos on the phone. Other than that there's really no content to see a difference with.

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app
    There is a lot of 4k videos on you tube
    They look amazing in this phone
    akira751 and Jaylw09 like this.