Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Lets Be Honest Here G3's Screen Isn't GREAT.

i have to admit comparing the g2 with g3 and galaxy s5.
    the so called 2k display isnt great... also there's no use for it atm maybe in a few years i think lf just rushed it out just to be the first..
    the g3 screen isnt even great the colors are off the whites are horrible it seems so dullish even with full brightness.
    dont give me that crap about ooh well samsung has super amoled to make the colors pop out bla bla.
    well even compared to the g2 why is it so dull. also i am aware of the color adjustment setting it helps but nothing can change the fact that the whites are still off and it still kinda dull on colors.
    Last edited by DarthRaiderHD; 07-30-2014 at 01:42 AM.

Global Posts
    19,852 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Lets Be Honest Here G3's Screen Isn't GREAT.

I haven't had a chance to see the screen for myself. Some of the comments are compelling me to do so soon.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Are you being serious? I just went from the Galaxy Note 3 to the G3 and the screens are like night and day. The G3's screen is SO much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Retinella View Post
    Are you being serious? I just went from the Galaxy Note 3 to the G3 and the screens are like night and day. The G3's screen is SO much better.
    Yeah, not to mention the contrast adjustment feature. Since reading about it, I've been able to give mine more of that saturated appearance, making the colors pop more!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthRaiderHD View Post
    also i am aware of the color adjustment setting it helps but nothing can change the fact that the whites are still off and it still kinda dull on some colors.
    Quote Originally Posted by memillh View Post
    Yeah, not to mention the contrast adjustment feature. Since reading about it, I've been able to give mine more of that saturated appearance, making the colors pop more!
    tried it its actually pretty good. and about the whites i think some people are use to seeing bright whites as a good thing.?

Comparing to a properly calibrated monitor, my g3 is very similar in colors to that screen. With that being said, if that is similar to a properly calibrated screen, then the S5's saturation is turned up. That is the only difference I see. As far as 1080 vs 1440, that you cannot tell a difference at normal viewing distances.
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    ROM
    Myn's Two point Two Rls 5

I can tell with reading. Reading on the G3 is liquid gold, man.

Posted via Android Central App
    If I've been helpful to you in some such way or another, kindly hit the "Thanks" button on the bottom right.. Appreciate it!
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by RHChan84 View Post
    Comparing to a properly calibrated monitor, my g3 is very similar in colors to that screen. With that being said, if that is similar to a properly calibrated screen, then the S5's saturation is turned up. That is the only difference I see. As far as 1080 vs 1440, that you cannot tell a difference at normal viewing distances.
    yea but comparing to the lg g2 side by side why are the lg g3 colors duller and bit off color and whats up with the white??
    i see sharpness is good and pixels but i dont see how its a 2k other than that.

You nailed it. I have a G2 and the G3 screen does look washed out to me also. If they had only made the whites whiter and the colors brighter, I would have upgraded. The G3 has a lot of good features, but I can't get past the screen.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1mcm View Post
    You nailed it. I have a G2 and the G3 screen does look washed out to me also. If they had only made the whites whiter and the colors brighter, I would have upgraded. The G3 has a lot of good features, but I can't get past the screen.
    its what im saying i dont get it why its dull like that. maybe they used a ****ty 2k dislay panel. or just lowered the saturation and contrast for no dam reason.

I don't see it. I don't have a g2 and I can only compare to an s5 and calibrated monitor and all I can say is that the g3 is very close to the calibrated monitor.

Sent from my LG G3 (tapatalk)
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by RHChan84 View Post
    I don't see it. I don't have a g2 and I can only compare to an s5 and calibrated monitor and all I can say is that the g3 is very close to the calibrated monitor.

Sent from my LG G3 (tapatalk)
    how can u not see the yellowish tint the whites have and the dull colors.
    ur monitor is prob crap then. idk.

Global Posts
    7,539 Global Posts

how can u not see the yellowish tint the whites have and the dull colors.
    ur monitor is prob crap then. idk.
    I don't see it either. I compared it to my iPad Air, to my 24 inch Dell screen and to my 27 inch Asus screen. If anything it's more of a blue tint. But then again, I'm not an expert in this, I like the screen very much how it is.

Global Posts
    328 Global Posts

No yellow here.

Steve/Boanerges Performance
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

what versions do u guys have because the us retail version from att and tmobile all have yellowish tint of white .
    peacefulberry likes this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by stevovr View Post
    No yellow here.

Steve/Boanerges Performance
    Quote Originally Posted by Chregu View Post
    I don't see it either. I compared it to my iPad Air, to my 24 inch Dell screen and to my 27 inch Asus screen. If anything it's more of a blue tint. But then again, I'm not an expert in this, I like the screen very much how it is.
    what versions do u guys have because the us retail version from att and tmobile all have yellowish tint of white .
    and yes the g2 and galaxy s5 has the bluish tint of white. like all others.

i have att and i notice a difference here i took 2 pics one of g2 and g3

g3
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/zjrhr7ktew...730_061134.jpg

g2
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/e5ix76r5rd...730_061209.jpg

zoom in and take a gander.

Also on 100 brightness

Global Posts
    694 Global Posts

I've got the Verizon version and the white is white... No hint of yellow

Sent from my VS985 4G using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by kj11 View Post
    I've got the Verizon version and the white is white... No hint of yellow

Sent from my VS985 4G using AC Forums mobile app

Im prob one of the few unlucky people with this issue if u want to call it that. Tbh i dont care about it its better on my eyes than a bright white. Also it prob can be fixed in a update maybe its just set to a warmer color.

I have the Verizon G3 and I don't see no yellowish tint......the G3 screen is awesome n I'm coming from a G2......

Sent from my Verizon LG G3

Well in comparing the screen to my Z2 sure colours are toned down, but its just by a fraction.

There is no yellow tint and whites are white and blacks are black.

Just not as vibrant as other panels and my Z2.

Still the screen is a beauty and makes for a fantastic viewing experience.

Posted via Android Central App

Guess verizon phones are on par. I was thinking to return my phone but even the display phones had yellowish tint so i didnt bother plus all that work setting up the phone agian

Sent from my Encore using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by streetkilln View Post
    i have att and i notice a difference here i took 2 pics one of g2 and g3

g3

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zjrhr7ktew...730_061134.jpg

g2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e5ix76r5rd...730_061209.jpg

zoom in and take a gander.

Also on 100 brightness

So verizons dont look like this? Must just be a company batch problem but actually oneplus one has customers with same yellowish tint issue and this is what they said.

"According to HYPERLINK "http://forums.oneplus.net/threads/re-yellow-screen.40239/"the company, there will always be a slight variance in the display’s color temperature because of different factories and batches. This is a very common issue and affects even the likes of the iPhone and HTC One so potential consumers should not see this in a negative way.
    Secondly, the company has intentionally chosen a warm IPS screen from its display source — JDI — as it displays skin tones accurately and is better for gaming and watchin \l "movies. Lastly, with the lates \l "software update, OnePlus has further enhanced this warmness, in order to avoid fatigue while reading texts on white background.
    "

Sent from my Encore using Tapatalk
    Last edited by streetkilln; 07-30-2014 at 06:27 AM.

I can't see those photos for some reason.

i have to admit comparing the g2 with g3 and galaxy s5.
    the so called 2k display isnt great... also there's no use for it atm maybe in a few years i think lf just rushed it out just to be the first..
    the g3 screen isnt even great the colors are off the whites are horrible it seems so dullish even with full brightness.
    dont give me that crap about ooh well samsung has super amoled to make the colors pop out bla bla.
    well even compared to the g2 why is it so dull. also i am aware of the color adjustment setting it helps but nothing can change the fact that the whites are still off and it still kinda dull on colors.
    You're funny. It's not crap. AMOLED screens are designed to stand out. It's a fact. The colors are over saturated in my opinion. That's why I'm not a big fan of AMOLED screens. They hurt my eyes. I've always been a fan of Motorola because they don't use AMOLED screens. Since they can't seem to update their Razr line, I've switched to the LG phones because LG doesn't use AMOLED screens. The G2's colors look the same as the G3. However, the words are sharper. That's were the big deal is between the two displays is the words and characters. You're obviously a fan of Sammy products. I'd recommend that you switch over to the S5 now while you still can.
    On Order: 128GB Gold iPhone 6 Plus
    Proud owner of: White LG G2, + Nexus 7 & 10
    Soon to be gone: White LG G3
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, SG3, M8
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast