High Data Usage Since Switching to LG G3

PriscillaPrius

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I just switched from the Moto X to the new LG G3. I loaded the same apps on the new phone that I had on the Moto X. I also use them the same. For instance I look at Pulse News, Flipboard, Twitter, Etc. while I ride into the city on the bus and on the ride back home. I don't stream music or video unless on WiFi. I am on WiFi as soon as I walk through the door. In 3 days of use, I have used 479 mb accorind to the AT & T data usage app. Can anyone give advice on what I should look for? I have 4GB a month and the end of my cycle is not until August 28th. At this rate, I will go over. On my Moto X, the most I used was 2GB and that was using the phone the same way.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Since it's a new phone it might be that it's still downloading new data and syncing stuff. I'd advise to go to the Data Usage option in your settings and there you can break down which app has been gobbling most of the data and at which dates. You can then start pinpointing the culprit.

Most of the times it's got to do with Picture backup to a Cloud destination, like Dropbox or Google (which for some reason seems to have this option in two places, Account Settings and the Photos app).