New G3 - Weather app battery draining

Shlomey Derhi

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for double posting ... first one was with at bad title.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The weather app seems to be draining my battery.
Anyone familiar with this?
Any way to change it without rooting?

Any information would be helpful...

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you tell us why you think the weather app is draining the battery? Can you show us screenshots of your battery stats?

Most weather apps give you the option to change the interval at which it checks for updates. Try adjusting the interval to a longer one, or make it manual.

Shlomey Derhi

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

My app is already configured to 3 hr refresh rate... :(
Also -
a. It's not running the widget, I dragged it from the screen to the top right trash can.
b. I tried removing it completely (not possible) or force stop (stops for a few seconds and turns back on) - nothing works.

If I root - I'll lose my warranty. Any Ideas? Please help...

Attached photos (sorry, not in english) but you can see the draining slope and weather app hogging 67% of the power.

Screenshot_2014-08-07-08-32-37.jpg

Screenshot_2014-08-07-08-32-45.jpg

Welcome to Android Central! Can you tell us why you think the weather app is draining the battery? Can you show us screenshots of your battery stats?

Most weather apps give you the option to change the interval at which it checks for updates. Try adjusting the interval to a longer one, or make it manual.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you don't want to use the Weather app, you can probably Disable it. Go to Settings>Apps>All, select the Weather app, and tap Disable.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Really? That shouldn't happen. You're going to the App Info page in Settings>Apps? Try Clear Cache, then Clear Data, then Force Stop. Then Disable. Make sure you've Uninstalled All Updates, if there's a button for that.

stevovr

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Go into settings in the weather app. There will be an option to set the location or have the app follow your movement and show the weather where ever you are..Sorry I can't be more specific I uninstalled the stock app so don't have access to the menu. Basicaly you can set a fixed position ie your city or town or you can allow the app to constantly access GPS etc to follow your movements and show the weather where ever you are

Steve/Boanerges Performance

stevovr

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
This is a screen shot from my app settings. Note the first 3options concerning location. Your app should have a similar selection.

Attachments

• 10710.jpg
    10710.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 85

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
This is a screen shot from my app settings. Note the first 3options concerning location. Your app should have a similar selection.

I'm not sure what phone you're referring to, but my settings for my stock G3 weather app looks nothing like that.

stevovr

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what phone you're referring to, but my settings for my stock G3 weather app looks nothing like that.

if you had bothered to read my previous post you would have seen where i said that i had uninstalled the stock app. the picture i posted is of the weather app i use and was meant as an example of what i meant as far as location settings. it would be far more helpful if you posted a screenshot of the offical stock app settings. my weather app is Weather and Clock widget.

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
if you had bothered to read my previous post you would have seen where i said that i had uninstalled the stock app. the picture i posted is of the weather app i use and was meant as an example of what i meant as far as location settings. it would be far more helpful if you posted a screenshot of the offical stock app settings. my weather app is Weather and Clock widget.

Sorry, my bad. I've been reading so many threads here I guess I just had information overload and forgot. hehe

newmex999

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Having same problem. Battery use 25% on stock weather app that comes on G3. Unable to permanently turn off. You can stop it, but then it immediately turns itself on again. The disable buttoned is grayed out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez