LG G3 is Too big for my pocket

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Going to be buying this phone soon but it barely fits in my pocket. Can anyone recommend a good holster?

Indoler

Banned
Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Going to be buying this phone soon but it barely fits in my pocket. Can anyone recommend a good holster?

If you carry it in a holster every Tom, Dlck, and Harry can see your pretty new flagship phone, and follow you to a quiet spot to relieve you of it. Carrying a first class phone in a holster is an open invitation to robbers.
Keep it out of public sight if you're not using it.

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
If you carry it in a holster every Tom, Dlck, and Harry can see your pretty new flagship phone, and follow you to a quiet spot to relieve you of it. Carrying a first class phone in a holster is an open invitation to robbers.
Keep it out of public sight if you're not using it.

If it doesn't fit in my pocket, your suggestion is...?

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
You can't really see the phone when its in the holster. The only way for someone to know that its the G3 is if they stared at you until you removed it, and they were only a few inches from you to see what it was. If that's the case, then its the same amount of risk as carrying it in a purse or pocket and someone seeing you use it.

I recommend Otterbox also here's the link to the holster sold by Android central https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ource=vb_ac&utm_medium=content&token=GjhYFv51

Last edited:

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I have been carrying phones in leather holsters for 10 years. Have not had one ripped off yet. The holsters I use have a clip over the belt and two loops your belt goes through. It's far easier for someone to snatch it when you have it in your hand.

Indoler

Banned
Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I have been carrying phones in leather holsters for 10 years. Have not had one ripped off yet. The holsters I use have a clip over the belt and two loops your belt goes through. It's far easier for someone to snatch it when you have it in your hand.

Why risk snatching it when you can simply ask for it. Backed up by a gun or knife.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
If you're going to use a holster, I would suggest an Otterbox defender. Total protection. Period. Plus, it's strong enough that if an intruder really wanted it, you can use it to bash their skull in while not having to worry about shattering the screen.....

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Second vote for Otterbox. That's what I'm using and it works very well. They did a great job of minimizing the size on the defender.

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
The G3 fits in all my jeans, dress pants, and shorts. Like someone said earlier either lose the skinny jeans or get a different phone.

Sent from my Verizon LG G3

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Seidio Surface is the way to go. I have used their cases and holsters off and on for several years. They are sturdy and light weight.

Posted via Android Central App

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I have been using a leather holster case for five years from a company called Pdair (odd name- I know)
Here's one for the G3
Amazon.com: LG G3 D850 / D855 Leather Case / Cover Protective Carrying Phone Case / Cover (Handmade Genuine Leather) - Vertical Pouch Case (WITH Belt Clip) (Black) by Pdair: Electronics

Although I like technology, I wanted something that was not "techy" as a daily wear. The quality is very good. It's all real leather, not some imitation stuff, and it still looks good five years later after daily use. Stitching all in place except at belt clip where the metal underneath is showing thru. Still-five YEARS of use every day. Very satisfied. Stays firmly clipped to belt but also pretty easy to get off and throw into beach bag, backpack, etc. From what I have heard in the big cities phone theft is a real problem, but they will generally snatch out of hand, either run-by or on bikes. In a big city, or transportation terminal, I'd take precautions just as I do with my wallet.

Here's the horizontal version.
http://www.amazon.com/Leather-Protective-Carrying-Handmade-Genuine/dp/B00M56K3LI/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1407501042&sr=8-11&keywords=pdair+case+lg+g3

Bit trickier regarding use of headphone plug but bit easier to reach in and adjust volume. That's a real downside to the LG volume buttons- anytime they are in a case like this, you cannot get access the way you can with a Samsung.

Last edited:

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I should clarify. The phone fits in my pocket when Im standing (barely), but Im afraid to sit down with it in my pocket. I've seen the bending of iphones, etc from people having them in there pockets....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non